Dressage trainers in Lincolnshire

Oscar

Visit site
I have a very good instructor but I am looking for another pair of eyes that will also ride my horse. He is a quirky, 5yo & 17.3, but isn't nasty (doesn't buck or rear), just gets tense & can be spooky. But I don't want him bullied or ridden heavy handily. I've been to see a few Pros that do clinics in the area but they are not for my horse.

My instructor just says she's too small & too old to ride him, it would just be nice to see if he goes better & if it's me or him when we have issues (mostly me I'm sure being a nearly middle aged stiff old croc)!!

I am in North Lincs, btw, near Louth.

Last edited:

Farma

Visit site
Hard one if you need a certain type of rider, I would be tempted to go and watch some local bd shows and watch some of the local pros and approach personally who you feel may suit.

kc100

Visit site
Hard one if you need a certain type of rider, I would be tempted to go and watch some local bd shows and watch some of the local pros and approach personally who you feel may suit.

I'd second this approach as well if you are quite specific about the style of trainer you are looking for....you can tell a lot from how a trainer rides, especially in the warm up, so going along to some local BD comps and watching might help you single out someone you like the look of. Generally if they are in the open section of the class they are often pro's (not always but can sometimes be a giveaway), so check the scoreboards to see the classification of the riders and once they've completed their test go and see if they do lessons. I've approached trainers this way, providing you speak to them after they've finished (not whilst they are warming up!) they are happy to help as most of them are always on the look out for new clients.

theopuppy

Visit site
Amy Woodhead at Grimsby when she is home from Karls every couple of weeks..highly recommend. Definitely no heavy hands and will be done correctly. Tracey woodhead is there as well . I hear she is good.

Lara Dyson is also in the same area but I don't know about her personally.

I'm in the same boat as you! Huge 5 year youngster and middle aged! I'm tiny too. having to get someone up from Gloucs as I can't find anyone to suit 'nearby' that fits in with my schedule. Good luck.