Dressage weekend report

Marquire

Visit site
I am totally exhausted this morning after two days of dressage this weekend.

Saturday was the North East Scotland Dressage Championships. Mr Grumpy was not impressed to be dragging out of the field at 7am to be plated and polished but once he was on the lorry he perked up. However, when I got him off the lorry the other end he was NOT impressed to see dressage arenas rather than the hunting field! He never gives up hope that I'll give up all this dressage milarky for something he finds more fun.
Anyway did a warm up class outside and his attention was more on the burger van than me but somehow ended up coming 5th. Onto the championship class whaich was inside. He warmed up really well and the test went great apart from one little blip in the second canter where he stood on one of the boards and tripped himself up- Oops! Ended up with 66.9% and were 4th!!! I was chuffed to bits. We had to hang around for 3hours for the mounted presentation which was not fun especially since it had been raining all day. But Mr Grumpy behaved very well apart from trying to p!ss off with me in the lap of honour (his favourite bit of the day!).

Sunday was the Petplan Area festivals. Needlesstosay when I turned up at the field at 7am again to get Grumps in he had a face on. "Two days in a row woman? What are you trying to do -kill me?" Luckily his snuggy hood had stopped him ripping out his plaits from the day before so that was one less thing to do. Unluckily we had to do the Area Festival class before the warm up class which kinda defeats the purpose but what can you do? He warmed up well despite the rain and his predisposition to grumpiness and the test went well despite not being allowed a stick or a caller. We ended up 5th equal only 1.5% behind the winner- so near yet so far! I was chuffed to bits with him and he went on to get 6th in the warm up class. We had to hang around (again!) for 3 hours before the persentations and he had another good go at p!ssing off with me in the lap of honour.

It's amazing to think how far my ex hunter has come in 9 months!

Marie