Dressagea.?.

iAMASHOWJUMPER

Visit site
My jumping has always been OKAY, never brilliant or anything, but decent.
After a few tumbles, nothing serious, I've found my confidence really low, I never want to jump and it doesn't help that pony generally refuses, try to turn away and she leaps, clearing jumps by about four foot:eek::rolleyes:
Anyways, I don't want to just stay a nervous, low self esteemed rider for the rest of my life, and I cant help but feel that maybe I should try a different discipline?
XC or Hunting aren't really ideal, due to the jumping aspect:eek:
So I was thinking of taking a couple of dressage lessons? I would love to try my hand at something new and hey, I might actually gain some confidence and not be such a nervous wreck! I realize people don't become fab dressage riders overnight, so was wondering how people on here started off? And who taught youuuu? I'm not saying because I can't jump, I'll be amazing at dressage cause it's so much easier! I just want to minus the jumping for a while, it gets me really down and after jumping I always feel like a total novice, as though I can't ride:(Would just be nice to try something new for a change:eek:

Piaffe63

Visit site
I have recently got more into the dressage side and I am really enjoying it!! I find it brilliant to try to acheive the perfection that you are looking for, and in my opinion, I'd really reccomend trying, it's a really enjoyable and interesting sport and see whether it's your thing or not! Hope that was helpful! :D:D

Carefreegirl

Visit site
The trouble with Dressage is once you've done one test you immediately want to go out and beat your previous score. Before you know it you're on the BD website ordering tests and down the saddlers buying bling browbands and looking at dressage saddles. Start off with a walk and trot test (intro A & B). You can wear your horses normal tack. Pop down to any local venue and watch so you get an idea of whats expected. As for instructors word of mouth is your best bet. Tell them what your aims are and if you like their teaching style then your sorted. Good luck and welcome to the world of Diva's !

iAMASHOWJUMPER

Visit site
Brilliant replies, thanks so much! I'll definitely be popping down to a few shows:D I've always been a sucker for bling on horses anyways;):D I'll look into a few good instructors then, than you both:D