Driving YouTube channel

fburton

pennyturner

Barry has more horsemanship in his little finger than most of us acquire in a lifetime. The vids to watch are the boring ones... where he's spending ages just correcting manners, getting them to stand quietly in the pouring rain etc. Patience and consistency.

That said, I still think Roly does most of the work ;)

SpringArising

"Training a pony the "wrong" way and why this makes her safe, confident and happy."

I love that quote/video.

I'm forever swinging ropes around, kicking balls through the air, making loud banging sounds and dropping things around mine on purpose to desensitise them. It's such a foolproof method of training a horse to be OK with everything.

touchstone

I've watched Barry for ages, he speaks a lot of good common sense, which isn't so common any more!

pennyturner

I'm forever swinging ropes around, kicking balls through the air, making loud banging sounds and dropping things around mine on purpose to desensitise them. It's such a foolproof method of training a horse to be OK with everything.
So true. I have 6 kids - they find more creative ways to de-sensitise my ponies than an adult could ever think of. They'd think the Notting Hill Carnival was normal! :D

Funnily enough, one of the only things I've found that stopped one in his tracks was Barry driving a team down the main road. (Much to my embarrassment - we were also driving at the time).