Drove my lorry yesterday!!

Madam_max

Visit site
When do you stop feeling nervous about driving the bloody things. I got in a fluster and one point and couldn't find 4th and hand to come to a standstill before I crunched the gears anymore
blush.gif
. Anyhow I managed the driveway and our yard, which is tricky to say the least. Any tips??? I felt so flippin scared.

Marquire

Visit site
It does get better with time.

I've been driving mine for over a year now and STILL have a recurrent nightmare that I'm driving down a hill and my brakes fail. I usually have it the night before going to a show. Thankfully nothing like that has ever happened to me!

Marie

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Ditch the car for a few days and drive the box instead, I promise at the end of it you won't even think about what you're doing.
Oh and as for missing gears, I still occasionally go into the wrong one, don't panic, just take your time and change again!

TGM

Visit site
Well done! I'm just starting to drive mine too - don't forget that usually the driveway and yard are the trickiest bits - gets easier when you are out on the open road
smile.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
How olds your box? Sometimes with older lorries it's easier to Double D Clutch. (I think thats how you say it) Saves loads of crunching. Also I find with my lorry you have to have the revs totally different when you change gears, and hardly ever use first.

What you have to think tough is how long it took to feel happy driving your car, which you drive everyday, and then work it out for a lorry which you drive once a week.

It does get easier.

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
I saw you come back yesterday from my eyrie - we did have a chuckle when you stalled going round the corner - but then the gippos did that the day before and so did krystals mom. Well done for having a go - but you're not making martin redundant yet are you, he is v. useful at shows.