Dubarry Boots

Ginn

Visit site
Are they worth the money? Would you recommend them?

My wonderful mother suggested buying me a pair (I occasionally get "treats" as she doesn't pay anything towards Tilly) but mainly because she "feels embarrassed" by me wearing wellies to uni in the winter! But its a hell of a lot of money to spend if they're not worth it!

So opinions please.....

Marilyn

Visit site
I don't have a pair but think they're gorgeous. There are other alternatives around though, Joules do a pair of waterproof leather boots (currently on sale if you're size 8), Toggi do a couple of pairs and Ariat's Grasmere are beautiful...

KatB

Visit site
They are fab, do everything they say and look good to boot!! (excuse the pun!) I do like the ariat ones aswell, but not quite as practical...

Safina

Visit site
Yes yes yes a thousand times over.

My sister bought both her and I a pair at Badders in May 2005 and I have worn them twice a day almost everyday since.

They are very comfy to ride and do all jobs in and not having to switch between boots is really handy. They are fine to wear in knee deep mud and need nothing more than a good rinse, dry and rub with leather protector.

Sophie_Bailey

Visit site
Dubarry boots are DEFINATLY worth the money. I love mine to bits (although rarely clean them
blush.gif
naughty me) i do everything in them and they are so comfy. Bearing in mind how little i care for them they have lasted well, still waterproof and comfy and have the nice 'worn in' look. They even survived my horse standing on them (breaking my toe in the process
smirk.gif
).

katelarge

Visit site
Ooooh! Galways are on my Christmas list (and have been for years now)... I think they are beautiful! The Joules ones are nice but to be honest they are probably not as good and are quite short. Once they have worn in and dropped then they are short in the leg, what I would feel are too short for riding. However as a fashion or yard boot they are nice. Personally I like riding boots to be longer so would go for the Dubarries. However if you are short in the lower leg the Joules would be fine.

Eliza120280

Visit site
Whilst on about Dubarrys - does anyone know how they size them? I was thinking about getting the Galways by mail order but havent tried them! They are gorgeous though!!! I am normally a size 4 or 5 - wasnt sure if they size them big or not.

Does this make any sense at all?? I arent sure!

I know someone who is a size seven and they bought a pair of Woof yard boots and a size five fitted them perfectly so they are big sizes!! Wouldnt want to order them online and they be massively too big or small!!!