Dubarry Yard Boots - Do They Leak?

ShadowHunter

Visit site
Having got some bog boots only a couples of months ago, they've already got a hole (which i thought they might). Though I cant go through winter with holey boots.
I've been hankering after some dubarry's for ages but i don't want to spend all that money if they are going to leak in a few months. So, can they stand up to yard duties everyday and dog walking?

teapot

Visit site
Mine are six years old (have the Galways) and still no leak but they've never been near horse pee/mucking out duties. Amonia eats everything so if you do get them, make sure to wash them off every day.

Also, I'm not sure the new Dubarry boots are the same quality as mine. I bought a slim fit pair in the last two years and sent them straight back as wasn't convinced they were the same standard.

claireandnadia

Visit site
Mine are 6 years old and haven't been worn for at least 2 of those as I couldn't get my legs in them but the soles have busted big time beyond repair.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Mine are 6 years old and haven't been worn for at least 2 of those as I couldn't get my legs in them but the soles have busted big time beyond repair.

My first pair went in the sole after just over year I returned to shop who returned them to dubarry within a week the shop received a credit note and I went in and picked a new pair .
I was very impressed I returned them in immaculate condition I think that's why I got the new pair .

dominobrown

Visit site
If you look after them they will last. I do find them superior to a lot of other brands, however, I don't look after them so have killed 2 pairs. You need to keep them clean, condition and try avoid horse pee!

MadisonBelle

Visit site
Mine split after 13 months (1/2 way up the sole so between bottom of boot and the leather if that makes sense).

Called Dubarrys who didn't want to know. Considering I was only 4 weeks out of guarantee I was very unimpressed for such an expensive boot..... Much prefer Ariats now as 1/2 the price and have lasted longer.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I love my Galways. My last pair only died earlier this year, wore them daily for about 8 years. Hopefully my new pair will last as long. I ride in mine and walk the dog etc. as well.. Love them. My last pair got seriously abused so I do have a pair of bog standard wellies for proper muddy mucking out, I went to my local farm shop and bought the wellies that most farmers wear round here, they've lasted ages with no holes (far better than the usual horsey type Hunters etc.).