dubarrys are they worth it?!

Pancakes

Visit site
im finding every1 is making a big fuss about wearing dubarrys and i was wondering if they were worth the money and whether they last?
what does every1 think?
grin.gif

fruity

Visit site
all i can say is yes yes yes,had one pair for about 4 ish years worn everyday and still look good,also have another pair for less extreme use! best money i spent,sooooooo comfy,like wearing slippers!!!

YorkshireLass

Visit site
They are nothing special, but they are the uniform for eventing clones.

When I was a kid in Ireland Dubarry was a sort of down market version of Clarks... far, far from posh! Just goes to show how these firms re-invent their heritage.

ajn1610

Visit site
Yes I was a bit dubious but got some at Badminton and they are amazing wear them all day really comfy. As to wear I've not had mine that long but they've had a lot of wear and look brand new.

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
No. My western boots were £100 cheaper, much comfier and you can wear them anywhere (i.e. out clubbing like I do
grin.gif
), much better boots!

disco

Visit site
I've had mine for 3 years. They have always been great up until I went to a show in November on a freezing windy day and my feet were absolutley FROZEN to the bone!

I spoke to the Dubarry chap at Badder's about my experience, he was so p1ssed he could hardly get his words out which insensed me.
He told me to buy some "technical socks" and picked up a pair of Bridgedales.
I told him I always wear Bridgedales (which I do) so he said I need to spend a lot more money on my socks and go to a proper hiking shop & buy some that cost £30?
He couldn't of given 2 hoots & it made me feel that they'd had my £200, stuff the customer after care.

I walked away from him & he was that p1ssed he didn't even realise I'd gone!

So, I would say NO their not particularly worth the money, plus they've gone up since I bought mine!
Yes they are waterproof but when put to the test my £200 boots were useless & I'd of been better off in my Muck Boot Wellies. Plus I dont expect to have to buy £30 technical socks when I've just spent £200 on a pair of boots!

Partoow

Visit site
I have heard a lot of people say this about the cold and these boots. I have found the Ariat long boot far better and much better to ride in.
The Dubarry Chap and all his blonde Wannabes that 'man' his stand would be enough to put me off even going there in the first place........You are right the mans a complete A*se!!!

Tia

Visit site
YES!! They are definitely worth it, in my opinion, hence me having 2 pairs.
smile.gif

Oh and I'm a western rider
wink.gif

PURITA

beb.com
i have a pair of "Rydales" their a copy of the Duberry boots , they look really simialr for £70..!!

Drummer

Visit site
I have the Cashels and LOVE them!!! Never had wet or cold feet in them, so so far very happy. I got them as a present though so luckily didn't go to the stand!!

morgan4eva

Visit site
Have had mine 3 years and after a good clean they still look beautiful. Yes I have had very cold feet in them and need thick socks, I also find the sole inside quite hard now and they are not as comfy as my muck boots but my feet dont sweat in the Dubarry's like they do in the muck boots (yuk!) May be i'm old fashioned but I dont think £200 is that much for really quality well made leather boots- my muck boots were £65 and are only moulded rubber. My husband has Mustos that were alot more expensive and have not lasted nearly as well.

nijinsky

www.xaraymax.co.uk
Absolutely worth it - have lived in mine day in, day out for the last 3 years and ok they don't look that great now but are comfortable, totally waterproof, warm and when they are worn out I will buy another pair.