Dub's!!!????

The Virgin Dubble

Visit site
Hey Mooch, finally got on here after a very busy day!
crazy.gif

Everything went very well.
smile.gif

David came out with a trainee (trust me to get the old wrinkly vet, when you always get Sebby!
mad.gif
), and gave him two doses of sedative + a painkiller, then stayed and watched while Diane got to work.
He was very impressed with her.

You've seen Snowy's mouth, and you are not going to believe this, but he hasn't got a parrot mouth at all!!! The teeth at the back were so bad, that his lower jaw was being prevented from aligning with the upper jaw!
shocked.gif

Now the teeth are done, his lower jaw should come forward and right itself over the coming weeks.
Nothing could be done for the upper inscisors though, and she will need to come back in twelve months to do some more 'power tool' work, and Brian will see him in six months to hand rasp.

Very very chuffed with all involved.

Thanks for asking hun.
smile.gif

Mooch

photobucket.com
Glad it has gone so well.

I have been thinking about him all day.

You know I wanted to come and watch, but this pesky work thing got in the way!!

Totally gobsmacked (excuse the pun) about his jaw!! Can't wait to see it right itself!! (that's amazing)

He, he regarding you getting David out and not Sebby!!

How is Snowy in himself?

JM07

Visit site
That is great to hear!!!

another step in the right direction.

keep up the good work, Dubble.

The Virgin Dubble

Visit site
I know - I was stunned about the jaw! I'm glad you've witnessed what it was like actually, as in a few weeks time, I will look like a total liar, pmsl!
grin.gif

He seems absolutely fine in himself. The sedative had started wearing off towards the end of the treatment, so Jan and Brian had to hold his head down on the headrest, so that Diane could finish off. David assured us that he wasn't in any pain as he'd given him a really good dose of pain killer, but I think it was the noise and vibration of the tools that upset him.

He 'came too' very quickly afterwards, and he ate half of a very sloppy feed a couple of hours later - wouldn't eat it all as it had bute in, the swine!
smirk.gif

But all in all, he seems really bright and perky, and not in any discomfort that I can tell. Mind you, having lived with such horrendous teeth for so long, I suppose he wouldn't show any signs of pain anyway I wouldn't imagine...
confused.gif

Will you be visiting him, with a get well card and a bunch of grapes??
grin.gif

The Virgin Dubble

Visit site
Aww thanks RHT - you have been sooo supportive about Snowy, and it is really appreciated.
smile.gif

I don't know where you are, but you are always welcome to come over and visit him in person.
smile.gif

JM07

Visit site
thank you, that is a very kind gesture, Dubble.

i would be delighted to visit.

i'm south of the M4, so i imagine it would be a day off work!!

Mooch

photobucket.com
I was thinking of partaking in a brew tomorrow morning!!

And, I'm sure I can provide some grapes!! Found out Jerry and Milly love them! (never given them to a horse before!)

The Virgin Dubble

Visit site
I'm quite happy to provide you with an excuse to take a day off work, and you would seriously be welcome.

Give me a shout anytime, and I'll give you some contact details.
smile.gif

VictoriaEDT

www.equinedental.co.uk
Yes very very well actually - we trained together in the states.
Im meeting up with her this fri for a BEVA/BAEDT training weekend.

Really glad he is ok - Diane would have done a fab job. Good choice in EDT!

The Virgin Dubble

Visit site
Oh wow, small world!
smile.gif

I am very very impressed with both the amount of work she put in, and also the sheer effort!!

She was also extremely thorough, explained absolutely everything she did, and went through all the problems he has, and what to expect, and gave advice on how to avoid future problems, particularly in relation to food build up in the teeth.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her, and I explained to her that some HHOers were following his story, so asked her permission to give her name out on here, and have also said that I will recommend her on Snowy's diary too.

Every little helps
wink.gif
smile.gif

JM07

Visit site
do you know how old he is, Dubble?

Grey's have a nasty habit of managing to put 10 yrs on themselves!!!??

VictoriaEDT

www.equinedental.co.uk
She will appreciate that a lot; she is very conscientious and cares a lot about the horses she works on.

Funny because I was recommending her to another HH member just before I read your post that you had used her! Really glad your happy!

The Virgin Dubble

Visit site
Well I'll quite happily back up any recommendation you make to other HHOers.

You're more than welcome to PM me for my email addy / phone number to pass on.
smile.gif

I should also add that, as you trained together, you are obviously of a similar professional standard, so anybody in the south would be mad not to use you...
wink.gif
smirk.gif

The Virgin Dubble

Visit site
Yes, it was Brian who first came out to assess him, and he assisted today. Lovely chap!
smile.gif

(Do you think I should ask for comission for all this name dropping and praise...??
wink.gif
)

The Virgin Dubble

Visit site
Awww bless her!
smile.gif

When I asked permission to name her on here, she seemed quite chuffed, but I thought I'd better ask her permission first, in case she didn't want her name bandied about.

The thing is, we are often quick to shout loudly about bad experiences, but sometimes take good experiences for granted.
I believe in giving praise where it's due.
smile.gif

VictoriaEDT

www.equinedental.co.uk
Well if brian is training this weeked as well im sure we will have a good old conversation about Snowy!
I know - I always see bad experiences on here and people completely dismissing all EDTs because they have had one bad experience with a "tooth rubber". I quite often find myself sticking up other EDTs as there are some really good ones in this country.

The Virgin Dubble

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I can see why he is no longer racing
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I seriously laughed out loud at that!
grin.gif
He was rather dismal...

[ QUOTE ]
Glad to hear he is getting towards being sorted - we need more pics!

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually REALLY wanted to take pics as they were working on him today, but thought I'd better not in case; a) they thought I was some sort of perv taking their pics and posting them on the net, and b) in case the flash startled the hoss and sent him stupid (wouldn't I have been popular then...?!
crazy.gif
)

Then afterwards, Diane said I should have taken pics. Gah!!!

I will be taking some of him tomorrow, and if he'll let me anywhere near his mouth after today, I'll try and get a shot of his teeth.
crazy.gif