Dud microchip.

s4sugar

Visit site
As luck would have it my 3yo had one of the Dud Virbac chips and we have been waiting for Virbac & the PIA to work out how to get the rechipping sorted.
My vet is being paid to come on Monday and Jethro is now rather hairy and I'm not planning to rug for another month if possible.

Do you think clipping an area on his neck for the new chip is a good idea or not?
I chip lots of dogs & cats but they don't have the chip inserted at 90 degrees into muscle.

fizzer

Visit site
One of mine had one of the dud microchips too. My vet came last week to re chip, had no problem and he is quite hairy.

sywell

Visit site
Make sure the vet enters the new chip barcode in the passport but leave the old chip barcode visible and date in the passport the date the new chip was entered possible an entry should be made in the section referring to when a horse is identified

s4sugar

Visit site
Update;-

I did clip a small bit ready so I could clean the area and tried my three scanners again.
Vet came and tried his current model scanner -no reading.
He then took out a 20 year old scanner which read the chip on first pass!
We have made a note on his passport that the chip can be read by that scanner so he is legal & he is being freezemarked soon.