Dumb question on TB/Arab Origins

Visit site
Looking on allbreedpedigree I found this guy - 'Darcys Yellow Turk' an arabian born ~1670 - But it says he was palomino, and I thought purebred arabs couldn't be palomino?
I was also under the impression that modern TBs were originally from Arabian, Barb and Akhal Teke horses; none of the horses are listed as Akhal Tekes, (though plenty are Turkish but there's all 3 breeds in Turkey). Weren't the Darley and Godolphin stallions arabs, but the Byerley Turk a barb or Teke (hence 'Turk'). Or is it simply a case of we'll never actually know?
Sorry for rambling a bit, sort of thinking aloud.

SEL

Visit site
No idea on colour but I thought this was fascinating - wikipedia obviously

Most Thoroughbreds can be traced back to Darley Arabian. In 95% of modern Thoroughbred racehorses, the Y chromosome can be traced back to this single stallion

I swear my friend's irish TB has bog pony somewhere in his genetics though. Never come across quite such a laid back, good doer of a TB before.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
According to what I’ve read all were Arabian but I guess back in those days different names may have been used for the same thing. Apparently Arabs don’t carry the cream gene but can look palomino and back then no one could have known the genetic difference.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
It's complicated by the fact that they hadn't started using the term chestnut by then either... but equally TBs have had the cream gene right back.

No arabs don't now, but they might have done.