Dunlewey Seamus Connemara Stallion

Quadro

Visit site
Evening,
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with offspring of the above stallion? Have a 2 year old filly by him and just wondering what the future may hold for her :)
Q

UnaB

Visit site
Not got one by him but my boy is fairly closely related - by Dunlewey Go Charlie Go (who is out of Sister of Regan) - and he has been a fantastic horse for me for the last 16 years. Competed in BSJA up to senior foxhunter and was a fantastic little eventing horse. Used to get a bit bored in the dressage but loved to jump. Brilliant temperament, a real people person :D Love him!! I put a pic of my boy below, would love to see your filly.

238_17069502465_2171_n.jpg

Quadro

Visit site
He is lovely!! Also fills me with hope that she will jump :D How big is your boy? My filly is 2 and 14.2 so I am hoping that she will make 15.2.
I don't have any pics on my laptop but will try some fb links as they are all on my phone.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1044299_10152942113185517_982648256_n.jpg
That was her at the Royal highland where she was 4th in the hunter pony breeding
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/485683_10152106515615517_1158307715_n.jpg
Her as a yearling
hope that works!
Q

UnaB

Visit site
She is beautiful!! Connies make fantastic jumpers so im sure you wont have any problems there :D

My boy was measured down to 148cms for bsja but I've never been able to measure him under 15hands. Your girl will be bigger I think, is she purebred? Charlie is considered tall for a connie so your girl will be a giant if she is purebred!!! :D I've always said Charlie would have been the perfect horse if he was a few inches taller.

Quadro

Visit site
Thank you! I do have a soft spot for her I must admit :) Yes she is purebred, out of a castleside jj mare, but I think that mare may be over height so that might explain alittle. I have seen videos of her half sister who is 14.2 jumping senior disco and she can jump pretty well.
She is meant to be for sale at some point but I would like her to do be80/90 and BN/disco first although the suggestion of her having a foal at some point is my current favourite idea :D
Q

rebeccag

Visit site
Great! So pleased to hear about all the successes with Dunlewey ponies - obviously I am totally biased. We now have one young stallion standing in Wiltshire at Biddesden Stud - www.biddesdenstud.co.uk (Dunlewey Red Kite) and a few ponies that have just come over from Ireland as well as a lot still over there if anyone is interested.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Great! So pleased to hear about all the successes with Dunlewey ponies - obviously I am totally biased. We now have one young stallion standing in Wiltshire at Biddesden Stud - www.biddesdenstud.co.uk (Dunlewey Red Kite) and a few ponies that have just come over from Ireland as well as a lot still over there if anyone is interested.

I've just spotted this post and clicked the link to the stud... the Connemara stallion (Dunlewey Red Kite) is the absolute spit of my boy. I did a double take! I've no idea who mine is by unfortunately but given the similarity, I can't help but think they must have the bloodlines in common. I'd love to know more about mine, unfortunately all I know is that he came over from Ireland last year aged 5.