Dunne v Frost

teapot

I don't understand why people criticise her for this....I've always been taught "if you don't think your {horse/dog/cat/chinchilla/insert as appropriate} is the best ever, you shouldn't have anything to do with them'.
Aren't we ALL giddy schoolgirls with ponies at heart? I know I am, when I have to resist the urge to shriek gleefully "PONYPONYPONY!" anytime I drive past a field of horses .... if that enthusiasm and love for the animals is criticised and put down endlessly then I think there is little hope for the industry considering it's based off them, really!
Apparently showing that you care isn't the done thing for the public face of racing :confused::rolleyes:

Snail

Apparently showing that you care isn't the done thing for the public face of racing :confused::rolleyes:
:(:(:( whilst I have no comment on the frost/dunne situation whilst it is ongoing, it is a sorry state of affairs indeed then if it's frowned upon to show compassion for the animals that pay your way in the world, and that is enough to bring a rider in any discipline into reproach. (....One is left wondering if that is the real reason.)

Cragrat

:(:(:( whilst I have no comment on the frost/dunne situation whilst it is ongoing, it is a sorry state of affairs indeed then if it's frowned upon to show compassion for the animals that pay your way in the world, and that is enough to bring a rider in any discipline into reproach. (....One is left wondering if that is the real reason.)
I bought my ex racer direct from the trainer a few years ago. He was being sold because he was consistently useless. However, the trainer said everyone loved him, the jockeys loved to ride him, even though they knew they'd never win, his owner loved him, and that was the only reason they had tried an extra season with him - he was so loved by everyone.

I worked in in NH racing many years ago - and yes things may have changed - but back then most people ( as in any walk of life, there are exceptions) loved the horses they worked with and rode - from 'lads', work riders, to jockeys of all levels.