Dutch Stallion Show This Weekend

Katikins

Visit site
I've also posted this in breeding but figured all the overseas people and expats might be able to help more.

Carl Hester has mentioned on facebook that he is judging at a stallion show in The Netherlands this weekend but from what I can see there are two (one south of Utrecht and one WAY up north) this Saturday and I don't know which one he's going to. I'd quite like to go and watch but if anyone has any more details that would be great. I'm also assuming you can go just to watch (and if so, is there usually an entrance fee?).

Katikins

Visit site
Thanks for the relpy, I tried contacting them and they had no idea what I was talking about. So no horsey stuff for me.

I currently don't have a horse but if you have any recommendations for any good spectator events within about an hour from Den Haag that would be awesome :)

micramadam

Visit site
What do you want to see? There are loads of dressage competitions every weekend and a huge competition coming up in Rotterdam in May where all the riding club teams in South Holland compete for the South Holland Cup. We have a team competing. There is also the CHIO around the same time which attracts all the International Dressage riders and show jumpers. I'll have to look up the dates but there is loads on all through the summer. Pm me and I'll give you my mobile number and we can have a chat.

Katikins

Visit site
Oooh, thanks for the tips. I went to the CHIO a good few years ago actually, forgot about that one. I've also discovered a 2* in Hoofddorp which is where I work so may have to give that one a go.

I'm more interested in seeing the big internationals, specifically showjumping. But just really want to get back out there and watching horses again, despite the fact I don't have one of my own at the moment. So think sticking to the big ones might be an idea. I'll also be a bit of a fair weather spectator... nice days out watching clever horsies in the sunshine :)

We're also thinking that WEG next year in Normandy is just too close to be missed!!