Dy'on bridle

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
Does anyone own one? Are they nice? I am considering the x-fit to replace the scruffy old Micklem but I've never seen a dy'on in real life. Went and saw a schockemohle alpha and it was nice but it didnt excite me and it's not English leather. Im not that impressed with PS of Sweden leather either. I found an old thread which suggested dy'on are very nice but I want to make sure the quality hasn't changed recently. I could just wait and view them at Badminton but I've just got my bonus and it's burning a hole in my pocket!

DirectorFury

Visit site
I've had this Dyon bridle for at least 3 years (maybe 4 or 5). I'm not one for cleaning my tack regularly but it cleans up like new every time. The leather was lovely and soft straight out of the box, no faffing round oiling and conditioning like some brands seem to need. None of the holes have stretched either. When the time comes for a replacement I'll probably buy the same again!

The leather quality is worlds away from PSoS and Schockemohle. I actually ordered a Schock and sent it back when it turned up because the leather felt awful.

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
That’s exactly what I wanted to hear DF! I was massively underwhelmed by the look and feel of the others. I don’t mind the cost (too much) but I do want to feel like I’m getting something special if I’m paying that much. I’m not good at cleaning either so if it can cope with that too, even better!

RHM

Visit site
Literally reading this as I’m ordering ps of Sweden bridle! Don’t give me cold feet now I’ve been driving my OH mad trying to pick a new bridle 🙈🙈

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
Oh sorry RHM! I know what a faff it is finding the right one. Plenty of people do like them! I was just a bit disappointed when it arrived and I opened the big beautiful box. Hopefully you will like? I should really wait til badminton and go and look at them all but I’ve been looking for about a year now and getting impatient. Not that horse cares, he’s happy in his tatty old thing.

Reactions: RHM

RHM

Visit site
It’s such a faff isn’t it!! I might just take a gamble, guess I can always send it back! I know exactly how you feel. The shopping started out as fun and now I’m losing the will to live 😂
It’s a shame there isn’t more stores that stock them all anymore, it’s so hard doing it all online!

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
Thank you all, it has been ordered and will be arriving this week. Now it will depend on how clean horse is as to whether he'll actually get to wear it.

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
Thanks for the input people, bridle has arrived and it's lovely! Very pleased with it, horse looks much smarter and seems to be getting on well with it. So much nicer than the other bridles I looked at. It's been cleaned every time it's been used so far as it's beautiful!! That will stop as the novelty wears off. 😁