E-bay: is stuff selling on there for good prices at the mo??

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Mmm, just musing really.

I've had some real steal's on e-bay recently, got a lovely leather saddle for my boy for £60 and a Freemax Evo treeless for £80. So am quite unashamedly delighted! BUT now the tables are turning as I've got some stuff I want to put on there.

But one can't help notice there's a lot of really good stuff being re-listed as there aren't any bids forthcoming!

What do people think?

Is stuff selling???? Is now a good tiime to put a saddle on there, for instance??? Its a lovely saddle and I don't want to give it away!

Opinions welcome/discuss......:)

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

mmm, yes, that's a thought. I've got some stuff on Preloved at the mo - like it coz you get a better idea of stuff for sale in the locality which saves on postage! Have already managed to do a swap on there - unfortunately it didn't work out as the blimmin saddles we swapped didn't fit either of us!!! Dammit:( But it was lovely coz met a lovely person and ended up discussing horses in a service area for ages.............:)

Spottyappy

In think preloved is a bit hit and miss, seems there are still a lot of people who don't know about it.
Ebay seems to reach a lot of people, maybe because people are more aware of it. I have put saddles on recently for bins and all sold,whereas for same prices on preloved I didn't even have any interest.
If you're in Facebook,I have had limited success with my local horse groups there, too.

vallin

I'm finding ebay rubbish at the moment! Nothing is selling or what is is going for a c*** price :(

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
My OH sells a lot of stuff on eBay - and is finding it very slow at the moment - he has 120 listings up and one watcher, no bids.

I wouldn't sell my saddles on eBay as I'm worried about packaging them up, also I don't think they would go for their full value. I'm taking mine to a local tack sale next week instead.

jrp204

Personally, I would put a good reserve on it and would insist on payment by cheque or bank transfer and wouldn't send the saddle until funds had cleared. If you use Paypal they will take fees out which on a higher priced item could be more than you want to pay and if there is a dispute they will withhold funds until it is sorted.

Toby_Zaphod

When I'm thinking of selling some stuff on Ebay I search & put similar items on my watch list & I can see if they're selling or not & what prices they're going for.

I've got a couple of Stubben bridles to sell shortly as we just don't use them anymore so I'll be doing the same with those soon. :)

hayinamanger

I would not put a saddle on ebay, they don't seem to make the money. I sold several on Preloved last year, made sure the pics were good, put them on for a sensible price, and was prepared to wait it out. They all sold for what I wanted, it just takes a while and you do get a high volume of complete timewasters messaging you, but it was worth it.

MerrySherryRider

I was wondering if things were selling on Ebay too. Noticed a lot of stuff not selling. Daughter as a first time seller had a bad experience when the buyer claimed not to have received the goods and Ebay told her to refund him. She won't use it again, its put her right off.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Out of curiosity what are you wanting to sell :)

Ummm, will get blasted for Advertising on here........ but: I'm selling three saddles that have been clogging up my tack-room and which don't fit either me or my horses, or both! Two are treeless, the other is a plain leather one :) Better not say any more!!! (on Preloved and E-bay tho'!!!).

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Social media gets me far more sales than ebay, try finding if you haven't already, one of the various local horsey facebook groups that allow advertising. I have a blitz and put my saddlery items on the local ones and I always get sales from it. Gumtree is good too and quick. You are far beter off sellling items such as saddles to local trade, even if you pack the saddle well there is the risk of scammers on ebay (and they are getting worse) who will claim saddle is scratched, broken tree etc but if it's local trade they can have a good look at the saddles before they buy. Good luck with your sales, Oz

Alchemy

Not sure about selling but bought a lovely sabre crodobra nearly new bridle off ebay for £60 :) bargin saved myself £100

maletto

I am a bit sick of having to pay 25% of the final value to ebay/paypal for selling on ebay, so now I try to sell stuff on facebook groups but the only thing I actually sold was to a girl who liveries at the same yard as me and who saw my post on the FB group!

Echo24

I sold a rug, trickle net and grazing muzzle for a good price on eBay. Had advertised them in preloved and Facebook but only had time wasters inquiring.

Highlands

Lots of very expensive stuff on eBay, if I'm selling agree 25% going to company is too much. Preloved is ok, had some good stuff off there. On non horsey the cusineart ice cream maker is too much.... I want!

nich

It does seem slower than a year ago. I just sold 2 pairs of Easyboot Glove hoofboots. One reached my reserve of £70, they were in pretty much mint condition. The others just £1.04! I am very honest and pointed out that there wasn't much tread left so someone got a bargain if they do road work rather than slippery grass.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
I agree that Facebook seems to have more ads on than anywhere else at the moment. Seems to work well.