Early-ish weekend plans

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Early for those not in the Southern Hemisphere anyway! I know I am jumping the gun but work is slow and I have time now to comment.

We have our first show of the year, an off the track show jumping and dressage day. Henry has been feeling super fresh recently so my aim will be to stay in the arena and attempt to do something that resembles the right test. Jumping will be fine, although it will be his first time indoors!

Have fun all, I hope it's not too miserable.

Roxylola

Visit site
Quiet one this weekend, hopefully getting on top of supercob's current issues and we will have a couple of nice hacks.
Might have a drive over to a tack shop for a mooch round, it's a nice place and they've got a lovely café, it's also on the way to the beach and I had thought to take the dogs but there's palm oil alerts again so probably not.
Just generally pottering I think.
Hope everyone has fun and generally enjoys their plans, good luck to all

nikicb

www.facebook.com
We are still on lockdown round here so will just be doing stuff at home. Cassie was meant to be going to stay at my trainer's yard from Saturday for 3 weeks so I can use all the fancy facilities in the run up to Winter Regionals, but that's been put back by a week. :( Frustrating, but better to keep everyone safe rather than risk spreading EHV.

Have fun everyone with what ever you are up to with your horses. :) x

Fiona

Visit site
Good luck AE. Have fun Chippers. If I don't forget my lorry keys/tack/horse/head... I will be having a lesson on the technical arena at Somerford on Saturday. Then dressage lessons at my yard on both Amber and Deedee on Sunday.

Make a LIST x x x

Good luck everyone....

What do you mean about palm oil roxyola???? Cake and tack shops are my two favourite things <3

On Saturday we have nothing planned (which is fantastic after last weekends early start :) Will exercise everyone, and then do something nice in the afternoon (maybe tack shop :) ) as M the new pony needs a bridle.

On Sunday the child has a PC triathlon (swim, shoot, run) and I have inter club SJ so I'll be heading off on my own. A few friends are going though, so will have help at practice jump and someone to video....

On Monday I have a dressage lesson at RC, Tuesday child has PC rally, and Wednesday we have our eventing regional AGM with an interesting talk (I hope) afterwards from Padraic McCarthy.

FIona

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
All comp centres still closed this weekend round here, but trainers are now opening back up for individual training sessions as far as I can see.
All vets locally are in agreement that this is ok and to carry on as normal but don't mix with others, tho some yards are staying locked down till later next week.
I should have been at an Inspire Dressage polework session this afternoon, but as it was at a comp centre it's now been postponed a month.

No particular plans here apart from hacking on the doorstep, with schooling whilst out.

Good luck to those competing x

Roxylola

Visit site
Make a LIST x x x

What do you mean about palm oil roxyola???? Cake and tack shops are my two favourite things <3
Sounds like you've got lots coming up Fiona - make the most of your quiet Saturday!
Sorry, I was not that clear; I was planning to load the dogs, go poke round the tack shop then go on to the beach with the dogs. However there have been issues for a while now with blocks of palm oil washing up and reports of it appearing again recently with associated deaths, we have been at least once and did see some but the dogs left it alone but I worry so I will take the dogs elsewhere

Fiona

Visit site
Sounds like you've got lots coming up Fiona - make the most of your quiet Saturday!
Sorry, I was not that clear; I was planning to load the dogs, go poke round the tack shop then go on to the beach with the dogs. However there have been issues for a while now with blocks of palm oil washing up and reports of it appearing again recently with associated deaths, we have been at least once and did see some but the dogs left it alone but I worry so I will take the dogs elsewhere

Palm oil washing up on the beaches!!!!

Crikey, that's disgusting :( :( Just in your area, or all over the place??

Fiona

Roxylola

Visit site
I think it's mainly North West and North Wales but yes it's horrid. Even if they don't eat it they can get it on them and consume it by licking it off. We'll go climb a hill instead

Fiona

Visit site
I think it's mainly North West and North Wales but yes it's horrid. Even if they don't eat it they can get it on them and consume it by licking it off. We'll go climb a hill instead

I'm NI, so share the Irish sea with north Wales and the north west of England :(

Fiona

Breagha

Visit site
MY mare seems to be having a extra long holiday, between the rain and the wind - its been hard to get going. But to be expected in the Highlands.

Roxylola

Visit site
I'm NI, so share the Irish sea with north Wales and the north west of England :(

Fiona
Sorry to semi hijack this - I can't link to it at the moment - not on my home pc at the moment, but the National Trust on facebook has some info about it all on their Formby beach page. Basically there was a ship wrecked off Wales years ago and periodically subject to weather and tides etc it belches out a load of palm oil which washes up on the beaches round Formby, Southport and a bit of N Wales.
This is 3 days ago https://www.otsnews.co.uk/dog-dead-after-eating-palm-oil-on-formby-beach/

Sheep

Visit site
Ohh I am so excited to be able to post in this thread!!!

Our new boy arrived last Sunday so we have spent this week getting to know him. So far, so good! So our weekend plans are a lesson tomorrow afternoon. He is so different to our mare (who I would have been riding most recently) - for starters, she is about 15.2hh but with pony proportions, whereas he is a lanky 17hh - and he is much more chilled, so I need to learn how to ride him effectively. He's also used to a taller rider and I am short...
We might then go for a hack on Saturday if I can find company - he is so laid back he is practically horizontal, and wasn't bothered by farm traffic etc around the yard, but I'd rather have a quiet companion with me for the first bit of roadwork!!

Fiona

Visit site
Ohh I am so excited to be able to post in this thread!!!

Our new boy arrived last Sunday so we have spent this week getting to know him. So far, so good! So our weekend plans are a lesson tomorrow afternoon. He is so different to our mare (who I would have been riding most recently) - for starters, she is about 15.2hh but with pony proportions, whereas he is a lanky 17hh - and he is much more chilled, so I need to learn how to ride him effectively. He's also used to a taller rider and I am short...
We might then go for a hack on Saturday if I can find company - he is so laid back he is practically horizontal, and wasn't bothered by farm traffic etc around the yard, but I'd rather have a quiet companion with me for the first bit of roadwork!!

I think you are quite local to me aren't you sheep??

We are between Banbridge and Castlewellan...

FIona

Fiona

Visit site
Sorry to semi hijack this - I can't link to it at the moment - not on my home pc at the moment, but the National Trust on facebook has some info about it all on their Formby beach page. Basically there was a ship wrecked off Wales years ago and periodically subject to weather and tides etc it belches out a load of palm oil which washes up on the beaches round Formby, Southport and a bit of N Wales.
This is 3 days ago https://www.otsnews.co.uk/dog-dead-after-eating-palm-oil-on-formby-beach/

Yuck :(

ScampiBigMan

Visit site
Getting wet (again) today, was quite stormy on the mountain, then hopefully more pleasant hacking Fri /Sat /Sun before arena hire (with boards) with both on Monday. We haven't done a circle since October so will be nice to school them both. Then plan is some unaff dressage wk on Sun to start getting back into the swing of things.

Hoping for a good weekend for everybody

Sasana Skye

Visit site
Just hacking/schooling. I've caught the polework bug and seem to be doing a lot of that lately - the Disco is in the garage, where it has been for over a week now, with an unknown 'major engine fault' :rolleyes: Next booked outing isn't until mid-Feb (BE Arena Eventing) and I would have thought it would be ready by then but I'd prefer to get a good amount of practice done beforehand.

Bernster

Visit site
Shame about the EHV cancellations. Hope it's resolved quickly. Wasn't it about this time last year everything got cancelled for the flu thing? Sheesh.

Just as well I suppose as it might have been impacted our plans but we're on cellulitis recovery so not much for me and Finn. Rideable now though so will go for a leg stretch at the weekend - got to keep off the mud so more box rest. He's taking it incredibly well.

Northern

Visit site
NOT MUCH SMOKE! So I went for a short hack today, first time she's been ridden in a few weeks. Was a good girl :) Hopefully we can start doing some more regular stuff (though I expect the haze will be back soon enough).

Did go and look at some cars this morning, I need a new one to tow my float with two horses. I loooove my car at the moment but have accepted I will need a more suitable towing car to take L out and about to lessons etc. (plus would be handy in case I need to evacuate quicksmart). It's such a minefield o_O but I have found some suitables to sort through.

Have a good weekend all :) Hope WE get some more rain this week!