Early july weekend plans

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
it's JULY! HOW IS IT JULY o_O

Anyway, what is everyone up to?

My weekend peaked too soon, I had a brilliant lesson first thing this morning looking at improving Kira's 2 tempis and recommencing the towards-passage work. We both hate passage, it's not something K finds easy but we've made a good start and some of the stuff we have been working on in general has cemented good reactions which will make it easier to progress.
it's been the elephant in the room while we have been working on the Inter 1 work, looming there with no one really talking about it. so was good to just get going and stop dithering about.

other than that... forecast looks not too bad so hopefully get the fencing done that we were prepping last weekend, and if it's dry enough to put the lorry in the nursery field then I'll try and get the Small Things loaded with the partitions shut.

Kira Clip Clop snap to kick off

209530904_4467786226566186_6865848252351518568_n.jpg

J_sarahd

Visit site
nothing. literally nothing. I was supposed to have a lesson and compete at the place where we had an awful time a few weeks ago but I went out with a friend on saturday and got notified to self-isolate for 9 days so I wont be seeing my boy til wednesday now.

its kind of ruined my plans as the competition was meant to set us up for an eventer challenge at solihull on 18th before our ode on 31st but not even sure if its worth going to that (as struggling for transport too) or just do a show jumping arena hire/lesson and a cross country hire!

ihatework

Visit site
Something hopefully very exciting is happening this weekend ???

On another note the baby herd got moved to an amazing field we secured for the summer, 30 acres of hilly varied turnout - happy ponies and owners!! And doesn’t my Millie Princess look amazing (with my biased rose tinted specs on ?)

BF9D1113-0B7E-41ED-BB9C-0236049C688B.jpeg28B1F324-3F05-43D7-B4F0-3DFFA8287DC7.jpeg1E152F83-C703-4139-A56F-B867161495DB.jpeg

Michen

Visit site
A vet visit tomorrow as per, probably going to withdraw Boggle from Offchurch on Sunday and have a chilled weekend. It’s the end of our financial year at work (yesterday) so could do with just… sleeping ?

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Now wedding is over the countdown to baby can really begin! I’m planning on tackling one room per weekend where I clear it of anything we don’t want to take with us when we move. Also need to pack my hospital bag.

Pony wise…nothing! Although am about to head to Windsor Horse Show with Mum.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Absolutely nothing for us. Maddie had her flu jab yesterday and has reacted in the past, so she has a week off. That said, she had bute the evening before, yesterday and last one this morning and fingers crossed seems ok at the moment, not even any swelling/tenderness at the point of entry (her chest). Yesterday I also tarted Cam up and filmed an online in-hand 'dressage test' for a bit of fun and to give him something to think about other than eating. He proved that he can still look the part despite being a field potato!!

Have a great time everyone, whatever you are up to. Looking forward to reading the reports as they come in. :)

209105803_2054399604699056_1062689165579821907_n.png

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
My weekend started yesterday, at RC camp. Have had a flatwork session this morning and a sj to come this afternoon. Tonight stressage to music comp.
Tomorrow is arena eventing and another sj with trec comp in evening. Saturday a long hack in the morning and a clear round comp in the evening, home on Sunday!
Good luck to those competing x

TheMule

Visit site

TheMule

Visit site
Tomorrow I have Jason Webb coming to see if he can help me work through my spooking issues with the dramatic mare. ?
On Saturday my 4yr old has his first little jump lesson with my trainer. The jumping doesn’t worry me, but sharing an arena with another horse for the first time does ?
Hopefully a friend is coming to stay with her horse so Sunday will be a fun day of hacking and jumping the aforementioned drama queen

Last edited:

GinaGeo

Visit site
Pod is XC schooling on Saturday. We’re off to a BE venue this time. Planning to have look at each fence as a practise and then jump round as a course.

And completely different on Sunday as Solo’s off to a Side Saddle clinic to practice our Equitation Test and Jumping for Nationals.

We were Novice National Champs in 2019 which was our first proper year, so we’re in the Intermediate Section this time. In with the big boys, and we’re still very much newbies!

WelshHoarder

Visit site
Lovely quiet one for us after what seemed like a busy few weeks - have promised small one a new riding hat for his birthday at the end of the month so will hopefully venture out to the local tack shops to sort. Lesson on Sunday, then a sit down with the diary to work out what we can fit in this month as its husband’s turn out to play (he’s marshalling at The Open) and he’s our trailer driver! It’s only fair he gets to go and enjoy one of “his” sports for a change ?

racebuddy

Visit site
A vet visit tomorrow as per, probably going to withdraw Boggle from Offchurch on Sunday and have a chilled weekend. It’s the end of our financial year at work (yesterday) so could do with just… sleeping ?
Oh know everything ok ?

Bernster

Visit site
Lots of interesting things going on - hope all goes well for everyone.

Had a fun lesson with F yesterday doing poles. Couldn’t quite crack a flying change over poles to the left but managed it to the right, and just had lots of fun and enjoyed playing around with stuff. I’m a slow learner and not particularly proficient at riding but he’s going so well at the moment and that makes me happy. He tries so hard to get it right and he was a bit anxious as he knew we weren’t ‘getting it’ but we ended on a good note.

Hacking Saturday and off to Windsor show Sunday.

Yeomans

Visit site
Tomorrow I have Jason Webb coming to see if he can help me work through my spooking issues with the dramatic mare. ?
On Saturday my 4yr old has his first little jump lesson with my trainer. The jumping doesn’t worry me, but sharing an arena with another horse for the first time does ?
Hopefully a friend is coming to stay with her horse so Sunday will be a fun day of hacking and jumping the aforementioned drama queen
I have had Jason a few times (he lives opposite me) and he is a lovely man, patient and explains everything. Really helped me out on a few occasions when I had problems. Good luck and I hope it goes well.

Goldenstar

Visit site
We went out with Blue on Tuesday UA prelim , he’s just learning the lateral work and the canter is still a work on progress unfortunately the increase in lateral suppleness and the weak canter caused issues in the transitions this time out .
on the good side the poll is getting more up in the trot and there are more times when he’s up with some lovely swing coming . Despite the canter muddles he scored 66.73 and 77.12 % for 4th and 6th in had more energy in tests but died on the rider in the long rein walk in the second test which was naughty .
He still finds working properly very hard work .
I was pleased with him .
We will keep going out ua until he have developed a consistent canter and better halts
Sky was worked by the pro on Monday had a trip to water treadmill on Wednesday we took him jumping yesterday which we are now going to be working that in hes a good jumper and went yesterday but it was very very hot he was a good boy .
Saturday we off to a pole work clinic which the pro is taking my freelancer is taking her young mare ( first trip out to work in company ) she is riding Blue and I will try to do half the session on Sky and then call in the emergency rider .
I have the probable date for my op 17 August yuk .
Next week the pro will work Sky in a indoor Monday we have Paul Langford for them both Tuesday and Sky off too the water treadmill Friday.
After that I need to make a new plan .

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Sorry you're needing another op GS, I had missed that somehow.

OH's birthday this weekend so no riding, but Deza's advert will go up on Sunday and I hope she'll sell. Crazy price, but a pro has told me in this market she's worth even more than I'm asking. I've done deliberately "warts and all" video, I don't want numpties turning up thinking she's a made horse they can just get on and ride off into the rosettes on. I promised OH I would hold of until after his birthday because I get so fraught about it. I loathe selling, I get very wound up, but on the plus side I'll be able to eat whatever I want until the vetting is finished because stress rips the weight of me!

Good luck to everyone competing.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I hope she sells quickly and to the right home, ycbm. I hate selling too, and it's hard not to get too wound up about it.

I seriously am contemplating selling or retiring my perfectly healthy 9 year old as a pet. These saddle frustrations and the money I've lost due to incompetence is eye watering (really sums up this entire area regarding horse stuff). Could've bought that really nice 2 year old I was eyeing awhile back with all that money.

Finally got an Amerigo and I love riding in it. It is perfect for me, and is a really good fit for the horse. I'm terribly worried that it won't work out though, or he will end up sore (physio again in 5 weeks). Fitter said it's perfect and it does look really good, but I doubt myself nonetheless and this is my last attempt at the matter.

Going to school some more in said saddle and try it out on a hack.

So...just stressing and being boring as usual ? 1st comp in August if all works out.

Best of luck to those of you competing this weekend.

blood_magik

Visit site
Riding club dressage show for Razzle Dazzle tomorrow. E75 and then M73…

had a quick run-through both this morning so hopefully I remember what I did as he felt pretty good. Will ride Blue before I go as we don’t need to leave until about ten to 12.

good luck to everyone that’s out competing

Ambers Echo

Visit site
All geared up for a day out to the West End with the girls for their birthday but have been zapped by school bubble nonsense. She was nowhere near the affected child but the whole class has been sent home. Her lockdown ends just a day too late for our theatre trip.

So no plans but I am sure we will make some Scarlett Shaped ones....

nikicb

www.facebook.com
All geared up for a day out to the West End with the girls for their birthday but have been zapped by school bubble nonsense. She was nowhere near the affected child but the whole class has been sent home. Her lockdown ends just a day too late for our theatre trip.

So no plans but I am sure we will make some Scarlett Shaped ones....

The 'like' is for Scarlett shaped plans, not the school bubble situation!!