Early June weekend plans :D

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
what has everyone got planned? looks like more stuff is starting up again in the C&T world.

I will be mainly foal-ogling. what a timewaster!
and then I must get the others back into work, I've utterly let them slip because I was so knackered on foalwatch but we should get cracking again now. based on my last ride on Sunday I think Darcy is going to be, um, lively... I have a lesson booked with Kira next Wednesday.

Might box off for some arena hire on the weekend.
Have fun all :)

Hera-spam to kick off!

102842433_3326288844049269_1242028168894742528_o.jpg

JFTDWS

Visit site
Pretty sure the littlest midget wins the thread before it's even started!

It's meant to piss it down all weekend. Hurrah. Literally, 'cos the ground is awful. So I'll be doing whatever I can, when I can, mostly hacking if it's slippery. Plus going to arena hire on Tuesday, which isn't so much "weekend" plans but...

Ponies are moving fields at the weekend so I'm mostly busy fencing, but the upside is that the big flat herd field will be empty to school in and put jumps in for the next 6 weeks or so. Woohoo!

Baccara

Visit site
Well, its all starting to kick off for me. Horse wise, on Monday its a session at the water tread mill for my difficult child and Tuesday a lesson with the lovely Leanne Wall for my advanced boy. Friday night a BBQ if it dosnt rain, socially distancing of course and a friends birthday lunch on the Saturday for a lucky few .

milliepops

Visit site
It's meant to piss it down all weekend. Hurrah. Literally, 'cos the ground is awful.
it really is desperate isn't it. We had showers on and off all day yesterday which did precisely nothing except make me get soggy while sorting fence in the maternity field. I had a job getting the earth spike in for the electric which sort of explains why Hera is not as wary of the fence as she should be!

I feel a bit vindicated though, the only thing I bought for her before she was born was a turnout rug, which OH snorted at and told me I was being daft. I figured we could blag most things but a cold wet foal isn't going to be a happy one so decided it was a good thing to have just in case. might be glad of it if we get a proper wet weekend.

Roxylola

Visit site
Another jump clinic on Saturday.
Teaching Sunday for me, my owner's dad is coming to see her ride supercob, and I'll probably give her eldest a lesson for him to have a watch.
Picking up a dressage saddle sunday afternoon for him.
Not massively exciting but nice to be out and about.
MP I think I'd just be gazing at her constantly! She's a beaut.

JFTDWS

Visit site
it really is desperate isn't it. We had showers on and off all day yesterday which did precisely nothing except make me get soggy while sorting fence in the maternity field. I had a job getting the earth spike in for the electric which sort of explains why Hera is not as wary of the fence as she should be!

I feel a bit vindicated though, the only thing I bought for her before she was born was a turnout rug, which OH snorted at and told me I was being daft. I figured we could blag most things but a cold wet foal isn't going to be a happy one so decided it was a good thing to have just in case. might be glad of it if we get a proper wet weekend.

Threw it down for most of last night here. Doubt it's done much but it's better than nothing.

I wouldn't want to feel the wrath of Hera after a soaking. I feel like she's got friends in high places. Vengeful friends with thunderbolts...

milliepops

Visit site
Threw it down for most of last night here. Doubt it's done much but it's better than nothing.

I wouldn't want to feel the wrath of Hera after a soaking. I feel like she's got friends in high places. Vengeful friends with thunderbolts...
hehe yup. I was trying to work out who Auntie Millie might be in that rather spectacular family.

Roxylola

Visit site
Bad weather here again- gale force winds... my favourite...

I have dogs in on Saturday so Sunday is my only day off. The girls will probably have the windy days off and then I’ll hack on Sunday.
Scats, do I recall correctly that you were just starting your business at the beginning of lock down? If so it sounds like you are doing very well with it now
We've had a fair bit of rain with more to come and I'm very glad about it - ground has been like concrete

Wheels

Visit site
Not much for us, I gave M a week off up until yesterday so we will be leg stretching and hacking if it's not too windy.

I ordered double bits for him 2 weeks ago and they are en route so hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow and I can do some flexions and a bit of in hand to get him used to them

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I started my weekend off by boxing up to meet a friend for a hack this morning. I could have hacked to meet point from yard but it's a good 50 mins each way and as we had a jolly 2+ hours out, I would have been shattered! B was a bloody star all the way round, 1st time we've hacked from the box with exception of the farm ride.
No bloody rain here, not enough yesterday to join any sporadic dots up so will need to hose the lawn at home.
The rest of the weekend is pootling from own yard :) Hope everyone gets to do what they have planned.

TheMule

Visit site
I am taking one mare to stud on Saturday (cross your fingers please, she didn’t take last season and she's 19 so this is her last go). The other mare is going course jumping on Sunday to try to get back in the swing of jumping in spooky places. She hates this venue :rolleyes:
And finally the 3yr olds are going to start their long reining again as they're both too fat and desperately craving attention

DirectorFury

Visit site
Lovely picture of Hera and Salty MP <3.

We're hacking Sunday, she'll be having Sat off as we're forecast gale force winds!
As per usual for this time of year I need to have a bitting rethink - lots of naughty strong behaviour up on the common yesterday and Mad thought it was most unfair that she wasn't allowed to gallop the whole 5 miles :p.

smolmaus

Visit site
What a beautiful first post! <3 Lovely weekend vibes.

I have a lesson at a new stable on Saturday morning, first ever private lesson too. Have heard mixed things about the place, one person said the instruction was great, another person said the welfare was iffy with horses stood around tacked up all day. So we shall see!

monte1

Visit site
Loving the Foal spam photo :-D
I have just booked a grid jump clinic for Saturday - would have been the first time jumping anything for about three months, except I managed to get out XC schooling last Monday night at Tweseldown and we had a blast - I appear to have a completely different horse this year - all that flat work seems to be finally paying off - he was much more off my leg, forward and very keen over everything
so I am looking forward to the clinic to see if that has also improved

Might also be moving foal and his herd into another field - only a few hundred metres away, so be interesting to see if all my handling and leading practice does the trick !!!

humblepie

Visit site
Hadn't realised Salty's foal had arrived - been a bit busy and not really paying forum attention. Very cute. We are still hacking mode although did venture in the school for a little pole work today.

Sheep

Visit site
Keep the Salty & Hera spam coming MP!!

I’ve just had my first post-lockdown lesson. Big horse was great - instructor also very happy with him, which makes me happy because it means I haven’t ruined him while riding unsupervised lol!

We are going to a dressage clinic on Sunday. No idea what to expect, first clinic I’ve been to in my life. Any pointers, other than show up neat & tidy?!

milliepops

Visit site
It's just a lesson with a different instructor Sheep, just ride and enjoy
This :)
When I've done random clinics I've been asked a bit about what we do, what we struggle with and so on so maybe just have a little think along those lines but you might not even get asked so don't overthink it ? hope you enjoy it.

Wheels

Visit site
Keep the Salty & Hera spam coming MP!!

I’ve just had my first post-lockdown lesson. Big horse was great - instructor also very happy with him, which makes me happy because it means I haven’t ruined him while riding unsupervised lol!

We are going to a dressage clinic on Sunday. No idea what to expect, first clinic I’ve been to in my life. Any pointers, other than show up neat & tidy?!

Cool who is it with?

Wheels

Visit site
Yvette Truesdale, funnily enough! It popped up on FB last weekend and thought, hey might as well give it a bash. Not at her yard, at a place outside Newry. Horse was super tonight so hopefully he has his dancing shoes ready for Sunday!

You'll have a great time!

J&S

Visit site
Just some lane and track walking for us but also this would be the week end for our annual local show (48th year!) which is obviously not happening. So, to keep the spirit of the show alive we have organised an on line Fancy Dress Class, entries open on Sunday, hope my phone goes red hot!!