Early September Weekend Plans :)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Urghhh how is it september? isn't it April?

What has everyone got planned? same old, same old here, training at our new home, so look forward to some nice reports from other people.
We have a lesson on Tuesday but that's about it :p

pic of the steeds attempting a slightly hesitant nose-sniff to kick off :)

118398658_3588142414530576_3594397214910486228_o.jpg

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
So from sulking and lazing about last weekend, it all seems a bit full on for this one now!

Saturday I'm schooling over at Llany to see what we were missing, Sunday we're at a fun ride and then going into next week Skylla has the chiropractor and then a SJ/XC lesson with Tuffy! o_O Feeling shattered already, Skylla won't know what's hit her :p.

118713295_1397898220396034_3405726576390398143_o.jpg

Wheels

Visit site
Supercob is having a couple of weeks off. I'm monitoring a little niggle he seems to have, it's not got noticeably better or worse with work, so we are trying field rest for a couple of weeks to see what that does ? flipping fragile horses! Good luck and enjoy yourselves folks ?

Dont talk to me about fragile horses!

I lost most of last summers riding because of my broken, ligament damaged thumb and I've lost most of this summer because of Ms feet!

Anyway, we are gently working away and starting to build up the hacking so that will be us for the weekend along with a bit of in hand work.

Bernster

Visit site
Talking of fragile horses! Quiet one for me with some hacking around the yard might try and do the slightly longer route which is a new one for us.

I’ve been working through various checks with finnegan, getting conflicting views and input and some stuff that’s pi33ed me off frankly, but I won’t share just yet. Upshot is, despite two clear lameness work ups, and cleared to continue in full work, I’ve booked him in for a gait analysis at the RVC next week plus whatever further checks are needed based on what they find. Have seen one being done before but due to Covid I can’t be there this time so I am his taxi ride there and back. He may stay in overnight but he’s a chilled sort so he’ll be fine as long as he has food.

Not panicking too much as he’s feeling good generally, seems happy and whatever it is (if anything), two senior equine vets can’t spot anything so I’m hoping it’s minor. And, more importantly, fixable!

j1ffy

Visit site
I'm having a belated birthday bbq and a few family members are travelling over so we'll have a big Sunday lunch outside our local pub too. Probably not a lot of horse time as a result, and likely a stone in weight added over the weekend ;)

Have a great time everyone, and good luck to anyone competing!!

j1ffy

Visit site
horseman1985 - I know nothing about quarter horses or assessing foals, but he looks very cute!
Bernster - I hope you get to the bottom of it soon and that it's something tiny and easily fixed. Sorry to read about the other sicknotes too :(

I've just booked training at AMD on 15/16 September, does anyone else fancy coming too? I've got lessons at 3.45pm and 9.45am, can't wait :D

oldie48

Visit site
Rose is being schooled for me tomorrow and I'm hoping to do a bit myself. Sunday I am hacking with a friend and Monday I'm off to AM dressage and again hoping to do part of the session. I must do a bit of tack cleaning too as I hacked out on TROT today and my bridle felt a bit sticky! I am letting standards drop!

oldie48

Visit site
horseman1985 - I know nothing about quarter horses or assessing foals, but he looks very cute!
Bernster - I hope you get to the bottom of it soon and that it's something tiny and easily fixed. Sorry to read about the other sicknotes too :(

I've just booked training at AMD on 15/16 September, does anyone else fancy coming too? I've got lessons at 3.45pm and 9.45am, can't wait :D
Oooh, I am there, lesson at 12.45 on the 15th. Might see if I can make it a bit later. I'd love to do two days but as I am struggling to ride for 20 minutes ATM it would seem a bit wasteful.

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
No lesson at RS tomorrow but am going to see share horse. Not sure about riding as I had to hop off him last week because he was slightly lame, but I said to his owner that I still wanted to come up a couple of days this week to see him and help do jobs at the yard.

My confidence with riding him isn't coming along quite as quickly as I hoped which I feel a bit sad about - he's not actually done anything 'wrong', and a big part of it is around hacking because I haven't done much of this before (my imagination gets busy with all the things he could spook at or that could go wrong - not helpful!) Thankfully his owner is lovely and we had a good chat about it.

My fears of riding like a total numpty in front of others at the yard last week seem to have been unfounded, as I have been offered to go out hacking with another owner on their horse if share horse is not quite up to being ridden yet. So that was a nice thing to be offered and maybe we'll do that at some point this weekend.

ScampiBigMan

Visit site
Thinking of taking Nix to Llany to run round the Novice XC on Sat as otherwise will be a long gap between Cholmondeley at start of August until Frickley in another couple of wks.

Was thinking of taking Reilee to a fun ride on Sun but decided against it after reading their T&Cs. Dislike reinforcing use of unreasonable blanket indemnity clauses when paying for a service /faciltiy.

Otherwise another fairly quiet wkend but we (hopefully) will be eventing one or both horses for three weekends running after that!

milliepops

Visit site

Oooh, I am there, lesson at 12.45 on the 15th. Might see if I can make it a bit later. I'd love to do two days but as I am struggling to ride for 20 minutes ATM it would seem a bit wasteful.
I'm already booked in on 15th and 16th as Adam is doing a bit of a clinic for advanced combinations. So I'm off work both days, hurrah ?

milliepops

Visit site
Oldie and MP - that sounds great for 15/16! Would love to see you both :D I’ll be sleeping over in my lorry so happy to film lessons / catch up over a glass of wine.
Whoop whoop, I'm staying over too (will have to dash back for old dears/foal duty at some point) so definitely up for that.

j1ffy

Visit site
I'm not up to much but got results from online dressage, with a 69% and a win! Also had a go at her first medium and got over 60% which is pretty good considering we always jog our walk and our canter half passes are sketchy ?.

Good luck to everyone else!

Brilliant, well done!

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
We had a brilliant lesson last night. I have been feeling a bit stuck in dressage but after my lesson I am feeling much more positive. Things that were hard a few months ago were easy, Henry felt amazing and my coach told me how much fun she had at the end. Just the boost we needed!

This weekend we are show jumping again. We are off to a spring championship show, we have two classes which should be fun. Hoping we will be done quickly and not get too wet, but I also don't mind the rain at all!

Have fun all!