Early September weekend plans

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Who has plans this weekend?
Not a lot here but we are rapidly approaching D Day for getting the lorry back on the road so I'm going to try and prod OH into action, haha. may have more interesting things to add to the thread after that ;)

Will keep pottering with the baby horses and then have a lesson on Wednesday with Kira Topcob.

241145586_2635674240074719_6077831922298037633_n.jpg

Breagha

Visit site
No horsey plans apart from maybe a hack. I have a busy October. First weekend is Adult camp at pony club, then Layla's pony club camp weekend after and then we are planning going to the Caley Champs the weekend after.

@milliepops My lorry is due its MOT and is booked in 3 days before I am meant to go to camp - ive told my husband (HGV mechanic) it best be ready lol.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I hadn't planned in anything as was having the horsebox floor replaced this week, I factored in the usual late/running over/unseen problems etc, and the chap started when he said he would and finished half an hour ago! Super job.
Might box up for a hack tho. Every weekend after is booked out till 2nd week in October!

Good luck to those competing and I hope everyone has a good time doing something x

J_sarahd

Visit site
I’ve entered the 70 at Aston. Never been to Aston but I hear good things about it.

However, after yesterday’s lesson and him bucking into right canter I’m a bit apprehensive. I’m going to see what he’s like today and then make a decision. Hopefully he’s fine today and he will be fine on Saturday as I’m itching to get another run or two in before the end of the season.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
No horsey plans apart from maybe a hack. I have a busy October. First weekend is Adult camp at pony club, then Layla's pony club camp weekend after and then we are planning going to the Caley Champs the weekend after.

@milliepops My lorry is due its MOT and is booked in 3 days before I am meant to go to camp - ive told my husband (HGV mechanic) it best be ready lol.
Mines been off the road for 13 months, for no reason other than OH too busy!!!

SEL

Visit site
Tried the microcob out in a hackamore today and was feeling quite chuffed with how she was going - and then she tripped over a divot in the field and nearly faceplanted. I was convinced I was going to hit the deck. Fortunately she did a cracking job of recovering her balance but my heart rate was so high afterwards I decided just to do some walk work. I did find her lateral work better in the hackamore so will crack on with a bit of that over the weekend along with making sure we have brakes in the hackamore if we go for a run in the hay fields.

Land purchase is hopefully (crosses fingers) going ahead on Monday so next week will be chaos trying to sort everything out so the horses can move. Then I can join everyone else in stressing over land management :)

Asha

Visit site
Mines been off the road for 13 months, for no reason other than OH too busy!!!
you need start thinking about withdrawing certain privileges until its done. :cool:

Nothing much here as riding is a little painful at the minute. I fell over walking backwards and landed on one of the jump fillers. Imagine a wooden wedgey. Painful but funny, i was videoing at the time so have it on camera. My kids thought it was hilarious and have watched the clip several times.
Trotting is a real no go at the minute, which i found out whilst hacking when Pip spooked at some sheep.

Roxylola

Visit site
I’ve entered the 70 at Aston. Never been to Aston but I hear good things about it.

However, after yesterday’s lesson and him bucking into right canter I’m a bit apprehensive. I’m going to see what he’s like today and then make a decision. Hopefully he’s fine today and he will be fine on Saturday as I’m itching to get another run or two in before the end of the season.
Assuming there's no concerns re soundness go anyway - Charlie sometimes has a little buck in to his canter, it's only 1 mark in your dressage.
Quiet for us I think. Some fitness work tonight, might pop down a little grid I think, that and hacking. Got a (not pony) party on Saturday though

Bernster

Visit site
Oh dear asha!

I like that we have almost overlapping weekend threads ? with the last one just finishing up now.

Couple of cool non horsey things planned inc a virtual reality experience on sunday which appeals to my inner nerd. Horse wise, taking Bertie to a sj lesson Saturday. I don’t really jump him at home so we don’t get that much practice so this is a test of how he is in a sj arena. I’m expecting pocket rocket as he likes to go at speed and like a stag at times, so I’m sure there will be much to learn!

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
I’ve got my first XC thing on Pepsi ? I’ve entered 80cm Showcross at Epworth on Sunday. I’m excited and slightly terrified but will be good practice before our “eventing” debut next weekend…

Henry has his first viewing tomorrow, with another on Saturday. Though since the lady viewing tomorrow has already offered to put a deposit down to stop anyone viewing first, she seems pretty keen ? on paper seems like the perfect home for him, and lady sounds lovely when I’ve talked to her, so I’m keeping fingers and toes crossed they’re a good fit for each other??

J_sarahd

Visit site
Assuming there's no concerns re soundness go anyway - Charlie sometimes has a little buck in to his canter, it's only 1 mark in your dressage.
Quiet for us I think. Some fitness work tonight, might pop down a little grid I think, that and hacking. Got a (not pony) party on Saturday though

Ah okay cool. He seems happy enough/normal, so I’ll take him and see what happens. Hoping it’s just him being a bit silly, it’s just a concern because that’s his weaker rein in canter anyway!

racebuddy

Visit site
no plans at the minute for few weeks as going away on holiday so horses being kept ticking over at home this week and next , then going away to have a holiday in the field and come in at night at a friends yard then ready to come back and get saddles checked, one fitted for the new one and clipped , ready for some showjumping with my older boy and arena hires with the new one to get used to jumping him , hes progressing well just gets a bit nappy when asked to go into outdoor and aroud the yard by himself but hes gaining more confidence now and i am learning that the more i react the worse he gets , so just sit quiet allow him to setlle and ask again , joys of 6 year olds xx but hes such a softie , settled into routine really well xx

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Nothing for us over the weekend. Maddie is still only hand grazing until her rescan next Wednesday. Thankfully the swelling seems to be almost gone, although I know I will worry about it for a while. I am considering getting her some boots to wear in the field at least in the short term - recommendations of ones that don't rub would be welcome. We were meant to have our follow up session on Monday with Andy Thomas. Apparently I can still have a session 'off horse', so at least that's something to look forward to other than more of this view.....

241164420_1788693874651645_4891441450384136084_n.jpg

Hope everyone has a great weekend whatever you are up to! :) x

mavandkaz

Visit site
Not too much happening here.
Shambles is on straight line walking for a few more days after having his hocks injected. He is being a spooky idiot, and nearly had me off the other day - another horse appeared around the corner and he span so quick I was hanging off around his neck. Luckily it's ingrained in him that if mum is unseated he must stand stock still. Luckily managed to scrabble back into the saddle. He wasn't much better today, but at least no leaping or sideways moments ?
Belle will be out for a couple of hacks. I had planned on going on a fun ride on Sunday, but the ground is like concrete, so not much fun when you can't go fast. So have instead booked into an arena eventing clinic/lesson. New venue and instructor so not sure what to expect but will be good to get out and about.
Good luck to those out and about, and speedy recoveries for those with injuries.

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
I finally have another lesson tomorrow - it's been bloomin ages! Frustrating not being able to be consistent with them but hope to just enjoy the time instead of being to worried about progress. I got all inspired from going to Wellington last weekend so now I'm thinking I might start making some requests for more pole work and even jumping. Visit to friend's yard at the weekend so likely a hack too.

southerncomfort

Visit site
Had a lovely ride on Bo in the school today, just practicing the things we did in our last lesson.

He's becoming really pleasant to ride now. My daughter who was watching says he looks very 'polite' in that he does as he's asked every time without hesitation. Feels like things are really starting to fall in to place. ?

Hoping I can manage a quick hack tomorrow, but I need to take my car for its MOT (thoughts and prayers welcomed! ?), plus the boiler is being repaired. Also, eldest daughter wants collecting from the train station so might not manage it. Oh...and ponies are having feet trimmed!

Saturday will be spent strimming the winter paddock to get rid of the ergot fungus. ☹

Sunday we're driving down to visit my parents who I haven't seen since May. ?

Have a good one everyone and best of luck everyone who is competing.

scats

Visit site
Chiro for me tomorrow and then I’ve got a dog in. Had a cancellation last thing so I’ve booked to get 3rd hole pierced in both ears. It was either that or another tattoo so thought I’d opt for piercing this time.
Working Saturday and off Sunday. I’ll be hacking out over the weekend though.

Roxylola

Visit site
We did 2 lots of canter work tonight - 6 minutes then 20 minutes schooling (without stirrups cos I jocked up to canter) we played at improving our shoulder in, had a bash at the foundations of travers and something that might look like a half-pass eventually. Had a little look at counter canter - still there, and played with canter leads/simple changes a bit. I can't quite get counter canter from a long side- just a puzzled cob when I tried, he didn't know what to offer so we got a sort of awkward trot ?
But I can get either lead first time on the centre line
Then we did another 5 minutes in canter, its not a full eventing pace as its only basically a 50 metre circle so just a fairly open canter so I do 2 bursts with a bit in between

oldie48

Visit site
I'm hacking the mare out this morning. She did her first advanced test last week with her owner and got 63+% but 67+% in her adv med, for which she's more established. I've seen some video of her skipping through tempis very easily not that I'll be doing that, just a walk and trot hack round the lanes trying to avoid our local carriage driver, which if we meet I suspect we'll have a fair bit of passage! I'm hoping we'll get my 103 bales of haylage moved today, should have been yesterday but everyone is silaging like mad atm. I'm hoping I'll get the opportunity to school Mr D some time over the weekend and I'll try to get a pic of him too.
Good luck to everyone competing and also to everyone having lorries tested, mine still isn't going but I've decided to wait to have it sorted until I know I will need it.

dorsetladette

Visit site
I'm doing something!!!

We're off to the local county show. Classes are really small (only 2 entered in welsh D inhand class) so panicking about times etc. Only second time out for him so its just for experience. Its a mixed age class so he's going to be the youngest in the ring.

So this afternoon and tomorrow will be spent persuading an impatient colt to have a bath and stay clean, pray to the gods it doesn't rain.

Have fun everyone, I'm stressing already.