Easibed?

jess_asterix

Visit site
yeh i have heard about it not soaking wet up well, but would be semi deep-littering on rubber mats so should be ok!

although there is nothing i can do now, dad has ordered 400 bales and they are being picked up next week, so i suppose i will see how it goes!

jess_asterix

Visit site
yup we will have 5 horses in for the next 6 months and 2 in all through the summer and my trainer is having 40 off us and a friend of ours.
we are lucky though as my dad has a warehouse where we will store them

brightmount

Visit site
OK - I hope you like it!!

I use Easibed and I do quite like it - it's easier to handle than shavings and doesn't stick to everything. I semi deep litter, and find that the bottom layer can get totally saturated with pee but the top stays dry.

One of my horses though is filthy in her stable and churns it all up, so I have to take out a whole section entirely every day, and I can't deep litter her.

Also, it's a plus that it isn't mega absorbent, especially for my barefoot horse as super-absorbency is bad for hooves at this time of year when they come in wet, as they shouldn't dry out too quickly.

L

lilym

i found it very expensive to keep a good bed, needed at least two bales a week, i'm on nedz pro now and only use one. i did love the smell of easibed though and found it didn't stick to tails much.

jennystreek

Visit site
I agree with the fact it is easier to muck out, but i found that my bed was getting drenched as it seemed to have hardly any absorbance to it. Perhaps put megazorb underneath and easibed on top?

Salcey

Visit site
Whats the cost of a bale of Nedz pro? I am really strugglling to know which bedding for my mare. Auboise has proved good but too expensive as shes so wet she needs about 2 bags a week!!!
crazy.gif

Law

Visit site
I use it and I love it. Very little wastage as you just through out the poo and not a load of bed with it. Top stays dry so I semi deep litter it and take the wet out twice a week (wed, Sat). Takes less than 5 minutes in the morning before work.