East Yorkshire - Tack Theft

Sparklet

Visit site
A livery yard at Walkington in East Yorks was raided by tack theives on Friday, various items of tack were stolen including.

It is believed the theives visited the yard a couple of week previously in a white pick-up, someone was on the yard and they disappeared quickly when challenged.

The actual theft was carried out using a White Transit style van with Red/Yellow chevrons on the back and a yellow flashing light kit on the top. The driver was thick set and very ugly (sorry artistic licence there...my saddle was one which was taken in the theft).

Please be vigilent....tack was in a steel container padlocked and they snipped the padlock and removed the tack on minutes.

Kenzo

Visit site
Walkington...hmm where's that? sorry just being nosey as I'm in East Yorks, sorry to hear about that I'll keep my ears and eyes pricked and warn others.

Sparklet

Visit site
Its near Beverley but I understand there are a few other places which have been done nearby so think it is a target area at the moment.

terrierliz

Visit site
Thanks for letting us know Sparklet - sorry about your tack
frown.gif

FinellaGlen

Visit site
It does seem to be a target area at the moment. A yard in Hotham (not too far from Walkington) was broken into last week and all tack stolen. Be vigilant East Yorkshire folks.

collina

Visit site
I know what it is like I had my horsebox stolen a week ago. Lucky for me the police got them. I now keep my eyes open for any strange vehicles. there was a blue transit P reg yesterday around and it did not look right I followed it for a while as it seemed to slow down at all the places with horses. I then rang the police.

Emilybakes

New User
Visit site
My tack got stolen the day before yesterday in Elleker East yorkshire,
Three saddles, including an Albion, Handmade Dressage saddle & a Wintec 2000. Also turnout rugs, feed bowls and tendon boots where stolen also.

Police where informed however everyone needs to be aware!

The tackroom was locked and the theifs just snipped the lock off.