Easter outtings

Equi

Visit site
Anyone else have a lovely outting today? I went to the beach. Was lovely letting my mare really stretch out, she goes so beautifully when she can have the space to.

10407660_10205128819277564_7493731499221955490_n.jpg

Equi

Visit site
We had quite a few looks. Gets me used to being looked at too i suppose, cause i have been asked to do some driving at shows and refused cause i can't imagine people looking at me. I'm only just over people looking when i'm showing in hand lol

lhotse

Visit site
I had a lovely ride this morning, across the common and along the lanes below the Cotswold Edge. We haven't been this way since Oct as the common gets too wet, so thought I would pick today as we need to get through the town Highstreet first and I thought it would be quiet. Normally we stick to this side of town, but the riding is so much better over there!!

So, halfway down the Highstreet and the church bells start up, no problems though! Next obstacle is the billy goat before the common gate, big snorts! Then onto the common and into the proper countryside, lovely views and sunshine. Met a few of my running club friends out on their sunday morning run, and some dog walkers, but pretty much just me and the horse and the birds!!

Then it's back through the Highstreet, which has become a bit busier now but still as beautiful (it's a medieval highstreet and a conservation area) and back to the yard, lovely ride!

spookypony

Visit site
I meant to go for an Easter hack with the Spooky Pony and his best friend (the Ballerina Mare's little brother). But when I was clipping the lead-rope to his headcollar, he took a fright and leapt away---and the field-safe headcollar did exactly as it's designed to do, and gave way at the velcro. So I was left holding an empty headcollar, and the pony was giving me the evil eye. As I was already running late, I grabbed the Ballerina Mare instead, and enjoyed 2.5 hours traipsing around with her little brother!

May_Easter_2015_1.jpg

Madam Min

Visit site
We went to a local show and came 2nd in the ridden veteran!! So proud!! Then came back to the yard to find someone had left us really cute Easter chickens made out of creme eggs +icing on our tack box!! This happened last year and the Secret Easter Bunny remains a mystery!!

spookypony

Visit site
equi, loving the beach cart! So cute!

Madam Min, congrats on the placing!

lhotse, we do have to box there (about 20 mins), but I agree, it's awesome for training. Very hilly!

Equi

Visit site
Dear little pony and so pretty. How far can she pull you on the beach?
Not sure how actual far it is but she pulled me half way then turned and went back to the start about three or four times with a few circles in between then a hack up the road to cool down. She wasn't even out of breath.

Pippity

Visit site
I took my share horse out for our first hack together in the four months I've been riding him! He was perfect on the way out (he can't help having such a long stride that he kept outpacing our companions!) but got so fizzy on the way back that I ended up getting off. And then, once he'd calmed down again, I couldn't find anything tall enough to stand on to get back on, so had to walk three miles home!