Easter weekend plans :)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
It's getting warmer! What's everyone up to this weekend?

not a lot here, which is probably a good thing as got lots to catch up on with boring life tasks and some back to basics horse work ;)

Lesson on Tuesday.

Hope there are lots of exciting things going on for other WPers to entertain me before then :p

McFluff

Visit site
Another one with no real plans. A couple of lessons, maybe a wee spin on the beach, but otherwise, being a grown up and doing 'admin' and the never ending to do list that I seem to have!

Have a fab weekend everyone.

Michen - hope Boggle is back to usual self soon...

windand rain

Visit site
Showing on Sunday might actually get Kitten there this time as loading is going well will be loading her with her field mate on Friday and going to the venue so she learns to load away from home too then we will decide about the show. She is still very fluffy but it is coming out slowly I have her entered at Notts County on the 12 May so hoping to get the bulk out by then

alexomahony

Visit site
Not many horsey plans for me as heading to Birmingham for a non-horsey few days with my best friends for a birthday :D

Home Sunday so will be probably spend the day bathing my two as they could do with a good scrub to get some of this winter fluff off and my chestnut who is currently a bit lame is feeling a little left out not being ridden, he loves the attention so I'll spend a bit of time chilling with him I think :)

Trinket12

Visit site
Having a second go at my riding demonstration video for my teaching certificate, one of the comments made was that 'horse lacks impulsion', well yes he's 31! :p teaching at the centre on Saturday (with an Easter egg hunt for the kids) and then another lesson on Sunday. Hoping the weather perks up so we can be outside and that we do another jump, last week we did an actual cross pole!:eek:

DirectorFury

Visit site
I'm off to view (and probably buy...) a 1987 RX7 Saturday morning, then off to North Devon to pick up a diff.

M desperately needs a bath which I'm hoping to do tomorrow but she's in a touristy area so I don't know if I can face the traffic to get to the yard :(. I'm also still waiting on the farrier which means we're limited to the common for hacking so she'll probably have the weekend off. Hopefully shoes will go on next week so we can crack on!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Rara support crew/cinematographer ;)

Ashfields? Saturday or Sunday?

I'm hacking with some ex-HHOers on Saturday morning, then going to view a horse (not for me!). The rest of the weekend will be hacking, hacking, hacking - unless I manage to put some jumps out in the field.

Dull. I'm hooked on the idea of shooting things and want to do that instead!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Perhaps we shouldn't post about the imminent GBH incident on a public forum? :p The police might find my "accidental shooting" argument doesn't hold too much water!

zaminda

Visit site
Was going xc schooling today but my thoughts on Tamba were confirmed by my Mctimoney lady and he is off for the weekend and next week as I'm on holiday!
Off to the gallops with Winnie today for her last bit before her 80k debut on Sunday. I'm hoping it's not too hot as being Irish she is less of a fan and it's her first attempt at the distance. She is such a multi talented soul and seems to thrive on it which is good as I want to BS her later this year.

Lammy

Visit site
I’ll be off out on the young man today, first proper ride in a year and we’re going somewhere completely new to hack around a local forest! Love having a sane baby pony.

Leo the yard your at sounds a much nicer place then it used to be!

rosiesowner

Visit site
Big bath and scrub for Chilli today, dressage tomorrow morning and I'm guessing a lovely hack on Sunday! For the first time ever I have a proper four day Easter weekend as we don't work bank holidays or Sundays at my new job and I'm not in tomorrow! I could get used to this luxury lifestyle!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
It's my 15 year loaniversary with Millie today <3

Dear old bat had to be persuaded to get interested in her celebratory carrots this morning. OH had opened one of the forbidden, fenced off haylage bales for them yesterday as a bit of the wrap was torn so it's not a good enough bale to go over to the stables. Millie is in heaven, finally getting to chomp away on the stuff she's been trying to get at all winter!

57289380_2447039661974196_1832992398691532800_n.jpg

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
What a hot day!
Took B Fuzzy out for our 1st ever attempt at stressage, in fact it was our 1st ever comp, this morning.
Loaded and travelled well, I worked her in till she was a bit settled (a good half hour, I was sweating like a navvy!).
Back to the box so I could mop myself up and have a fag change into my shirt tie and jacket, back on and 20 mins walking till we went in. She's very sharp, so sharp that she'll cut herself....
Time up, off we crabbed into the far end of the indoor arena.
OMG pants down moment, there are jumpy things in the corner!
OMG, pants down again, look mum, look, there are people's up there, higher than meeee, I need to giraffe and look properly at them! Helloooo peoples!
Ding, the bell went, so off we trucked to find A, where we entered and sailed up the centre line. Wow, I was gobsmacked, this was going well, turn right at C........oh drat, B thinks she needs to canter, breathe I told myself, we can get through this.... oops, hoppety skipety we found A again, and despite feeling like I was riding an exocet primed and ready to fire, we completed the test.
Definitely was not my finest hour....but, we didnt go wrong, we didnt leave the arena till the end, and nobody died 😂

On collection of my sheet, (having muttered about getting 2s and 3s on leaving arena earlier), I was very surprised to have a 4, 3 x 5s and the rest were 6's. Lots of 'tense' comments and on the final trot change of rein, judge put tense and losing control.... oops, how embarrassing 😳

Now, I only went as I think this pony could do well in the future, but I really don't enjoy this. Give me an xc course and I'm in there, SJ too. That said, I need to get her going properly and this will really help (her, not me!).

I hope everyone fares better this weekend! 😊