Easter weekend plans

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
As we settle into the new normal anyone got plans for the weekend?

Hoping this is the weekend we will get the fields whipped into shape. The big field needs some attention to the boundary before I can push the horses into a rested bit (otherwise Millie goes for very un-lockdowny jollies next door) so I am forseeing some essential chainsaw and post-knocker action ;)
then harrowing again, and fixing up my new horse-cam into it's temporary home to spy on them from afar.

Also some grooming required, I chopped the wind knots out of Salty's mane when the weather was awful so I will sort that out to reduce the pudding bowl effect.

Bit of quiet schoolwork for the ridden horses. I have noticed that one of the online dressage sites is running something this month incl advanced classes where you can make up a short arena freestyle if you don't have a long arena. That has been the sticking point til now for us so if I can get an appropriately distanced camera person I will plan to have a bash at that.

Pic of mum-to-be Salty to kick off :) less than 2 months to go now...
stay safe everyone.

92591574_3179507148727440_4550272959666716672_o.jpg

Sprat

Visit site
We are rota'd over the weekends for the foreseeable so I'll be schooling Saturday morning, aiming to just bring everything a bit more together following her time off.

Non horsey wise, hubby and I are having an overhaul of the garden. I hate gardening. I have been talked into it with the promise of sunshine and a BBQ so hopefully it shouldn't be too horrendous.

Stay safe all

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I'll be chasing farmer friend to hurry up and deliver the fence posts he has for me.
Then I can get on with fencing, after pootling out early each day for a short one on B.
DH might help with fencing if not too hot, apparently..... but as he is enjoying a lie in each day, I think I'll be fencing on my own.

TheMule

Visit site
Bathing the 2 that didn’t get done earlier in the week.
3yr old is pencilled in for his first mini hack tomorrow as sitting on walking a few steps has been going well, but it will depend how he feels when I'm on board.
The other 2 can hack in the sunshine

DirectorFury

Visit site
Yard is on lockdown as YO has suspected COVID so I'm mostly going to be worrying that they come through this OK :(.

I'm probably going to be working due to a lack of anything better to do. Work are definitely getting their monies worth out of me at the moment!

SO1

Visit site
I will be feeling jealous of those who are lucky enough to see your horses, and able to spend time with others due to living with partners or family. As I live on my own & pony on full livery so reason/ excuse to go to the yard it will a sad easter weekend on lockdown for me.

Wheels

Visit site
I will be adding some electric fencing to the stock fence before the two sweet itchy ponies start scratching on it.

My work is closed tomorrow through to tuesday so got 5 days to get stuck in to some outside jobs - continuing to level the arena, might paint the wooden stables, winter was hard on one particular side of them.

Bit of groundwork, bit of schooling for M. Currently teaching him Spanish walk which he enjoys so far because he gets lots of treats lol

NinjaPony

Visit site
Yard is on lockdown, I’m very lucky to still be able to go up in the morning to sort them out and spend some time with them both but no riding.

I’ll put out some obstacles for my welshie, he’s not allowed out on grass until the vet comes but has been enjoying a roll and play every morning in the school.

Otherwise it’s just a normal weekend of chores and treats for them both.

I’ll be making a Black Forest Gateaux for Easter and eating my body weight in chocolate, alongside copious amounts of alcohol!

McFluff

Visit site
Nothing much here. Maybe a wee wander round the school on Saturday. And some gardening (actually more like clearance work as it was neglected last year!).
Enjoy and stay safe everyone.

KEK

Visit site
As we settle into the new normal anyone got plans for the weekend?

Hoping this is the weekend we will get the fields whipped into shape. The big field needs some attention to the boundary before I can push the horses into a rested bit (otherwise Millie goes for very un-lockdowny jollies next door) so I am forseeing some essential chainsaw and post-knocker action ;)
then harrowing again, and fixing up my new horse-cam into it's temporary home to spy on them from afar.

Also some grooming required, I chopped the wind knots out of Salty's mane when the weather was awful so I will sort that out to reduce the pudding bowl effect.

Bit of quiet schoolwork for the ridden horses. I have noticed that one of the online dressage sites is running something this month incl advanced classes where you can make up a short arena freestyle if you don't have a long arena. That has been the sticking point til now for us so if I can get an appropriately distanced camera person I will plan to have a bash at that.

Pic of mum-to-be Salty to kick off :) less than 2 months to go now...
stay safe everyone.

92591574_3179507148727440_4550272959666716672_o.jpg
What did you put over her?

KEK

Visit site
KWPN from local stud, my OH has shod him for years and said all the young stock have been sensible and easy ;) that's what I need for a first timer ?
Sounds lovely. What colours could you get and any preference for colt/filly ?

Northern

Visit site
Am working again, but have all mornings free so out hacking (incorporating schooling as we are not allowed more than two in an arena at one time - can't be bothered to guess when others will turn up). I was going to trace clip L today but woke up to wonderful, glorious rain and a very wet pony so might have to put that on ice for the moment!

MP Salty looks so big! Bet you can't wait to see what you've got. I am toying with breeding my TB this coming season, but really need to see how the chaos pans out. Have a WB stallion in mind for her already :)

KEK

Visit site
Boxed the ponies and took them 10min down road to the bridle trail for the 1st time. Malachy floated really well, no probs getting in or out. Rode the trail for 1.5hrs , both ponies great. A nice bday treat for me.. gonna be stupidly hot here again, 36 degrees :/

Sheep

Visit site
Working today then off Monday & Tuesday.

Up at the crack of dawn this morning to ride, played around with some pole work. It was very effective, simple but really helped me figure out things I am doing which are not helping the horse!!

E.g. I have found he has a tendency to bend to the right on centre line. The trotting poles helped me realise I have a tendency to round my wrist on the right. When I do that, he bends! So actually he doesn't actually bend of his own accord, it seems to be me telling him (oops). New focus is to stop flipping doing that ?

Anyway the real aim of the pole work was to get him engaged and working forwards. He seemed to enjoy it too (he loves jumping but that is off limits atm).

Screenshot_20200410-083009_Gallery.jpg

Sunday will probably do another online dressage test. Score from last week was better than week before (yay!) but lower down in the field. Still, very pleased with how everything is going, and its great to have something to work towards. Saturday night dressage test learning + wine is becoming a regular fixture ?

Kat

Visit site
I think it will be a long weekend of long steady hacking for me.

We are allowed on the yard but have a rota and are asked not to hang around unnecessarily so no bathing/trimming/sorting out my locker etc for me. Which is a shame as L could do with a bath a mane tidy and her heels trimmed. I'm schooling after work in the week so hacking will be a nice change.

oldie48

Visit site
Happy I made the right decision to give Rose a break, the lanes are very quiet but what little traffic there is, is big and fast! Moved Rose and Fatty to the paddock next to the house and they are together, almost as if they have had brain transplants, both calm and easy. Rose still pulls vile faces, Fatty still ignores her moods and basically they both eat (fatty is in a muzzle). TBH i am also quite enjoying the break, doing lots of gardening, decent walk with the dog every morning and fitting in a pilates session every afternoon. highlight of day was making hot cross buns for my neighbours, never made them before and they were OK, nothing special wouldn't win an award but quite edible. Ihope they enjoyed them! Plans for the weekend are pretty much the same as every day for the last....seemingly forever. Younger daughter goes on nights tonight, ICU is full and she's covering bothdirty and clean units (covid, non covid) but seemed quite upbeat when I spoke to her earlier today.Kep safe everyone!

Littlebear

Visit site
As I can’t ride I’m off on long rein mega hacks which is killing my legs and backside so we are both benefiting :) going to try the longest one yet tomorrow, then a bit of time playing with the foals and the rest will be home relaxing!

Wheels

Visit site
I haven't done much lunging with M for a while and you can tell! Tried lunging the other day and it wasnt pretty so since I was off work today I had time to lunge this morning and ride this afternoon.

It took me a while to get him to concentrate, his natural response to anything hes not happy about is head in the air and not going forward very well but after a few exercises he settled down and did some good work.

Riding wise this afternoon it was warm and sticky and hes quite fluffy still so we did a lot of work in walk lateral work but making sure it was all good quality and well balanced. We had a few trots and canters in between to keep him thinking forwards. Finished with a bit of jambette which he enjoys.

I will continue with the lunging over the next few days to get him properly back in the zone

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Horse wise: Just hacking around the farm & poo picking. I'm hoping to bath one day, just to mix it up a bit ;)

Homewise: BBQ on Saturday &Easter Sunday lunch. I've got plants to re-pot, bulbs to plant & continuing re-painting and changing the door handles on the kitchen cabinets.

The fun doesn't stop here ;) In all seriousness, I'm feeling very lucky to be able to see my horse still and to have off road riding to enjoy.