Eastlands Stud, Ewhurst, Surrey

marlowe

New User
Visit site
Has anyone bought a horse from Eastlands Stud, Ewhurst, Surrey - any experiences etc as we are considering one from there but are naturally wary as dont know anyone who has bought from them?

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
My friend brought a 8yrs 15.3hh cob mare from them a few months back which didn't work out as it wouldn't trailer (climbed the walls), ended doing a straight swap for a 5yrs 14.2hh conny x cob gelding as there was much of a choice at the time (who IMO seemed very over priced as very green and didn't apprear to be the confidence giving plod her nervous mum wanted). However he is worth his weight in gold and her very mum is taking him on a sponsored ride soon. One odd thing, is that he was sold to them without a passport - illegal I think. If you do a search on Eastlands Stud there are other trends you might want to read.

eventrider23

Visit site
A friends of mine bought a 14.3 cob from them. Cannot fault him at all as he is the best pony in the world and the boy who owns him has never looked back. He did however come without a passport....was apparantly not over from Ireland yet but this never appeared. Fab horse tho.

Also look at/ring http://www.rideirish.co.uk they're based in Billingshurst and have bought the nicest yojngster from them. Not all the horses are on the site so might be worth a ring.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Just another thought if you do get one from them, make sure you worm it - I have never seen soooo many worms both large round worms and small red ones come out of one horse in my life (the dung actually went red after worming!!!! YUCK). All that said pony seems to have suffered no ill effects from such a large worm burden and is an absolute saint, and now has a home for life.

marlowe

New User
Visit site
Thanks so much for your replies very helpful - did think that care is not highest on their priority list but horses seem pretty genuine!!