Easy competitions for very novice adult riders?

Carojay

Visit site
I went to my first Pony club 'event' today (I'm 31) to watch and I never knew how much fun it was! I really enjoyed watching the hunter trials mainly because I am quite a novice rider and always thought I was not brave enough to do anything that resembled jumping or cross country, but after today (and a really good jumping lesson a week ago) I thought maybe this could be fun! Obviously as this was pony club there were a lot of children competing but is there anything like this for adults? Basically easy, low jumps and laid back so you feel like you're having fun not just competing?

Thanks! :)

SuperH

Visit site
You should be able to find a local riding club that does mini events for adults. Often you can find special days where they give instruction and let you have a go at jumping or something you wouldn't otherwise try. It is just a matter of finding them which can be tricky but ask about and see what you can find.

hnmisty

Visit site
Keep an eye out for local, low key shows in your area, they often have SJ classes that start at more humble heights.

Some places do "nervous and novices" evenings, jumps start at 1'6" or so and there are usually people willing to help you if you want/need it.

Keep an eye open in your local tackshop etc, I'm sure you'll find something. You're certainly not the only one out there with those requirements! :)

Carojay

Visit site
Thank you! Have looked into my local riding club which looks promising!

But as I couldn't get my stubborn pony to even move his feet yesterday it may be a while before we go to any competitions however easy! :)