Easyboot Gloves?

sychnant

Visit site
Has anyone tried these? They look much less bulky and easier to fasten than most hoof boots I've seen.

Mare is still doing well barefoot and I don't want to put shoes on again unless I really have to, but she's finding the stony track on our default ride a bit difficult. I'd only boot for this ride, as others are smooth roads/fields.

Any feedback on them, good or bad?

Thanks in advance :)

DD265

Visit site
I use them. I'm slightly disgruntled at the moment because the front pair have just worn out at the toes, but I think I should probably be blaming the horse for not picking his feet up...

You have to make sure you get a good fit and if they fit perfectly you might need a rubber mallet/hoof pick to get them on and off at least until they stretch a little. If she's been barefoot for a while hopefully her feet won't change shape/size as you can go through quite a few pairs until the feet settle down.

We usually use Gloves all round but I put the backs on the front yesterday, and went out with the hind feet bare for over an hour over all terrain and he coped well, so we might stick with just boots in front for a while.

I've just bought a new pair (on eBay hurrah) but I had the option of trying a different/cheaper boot and decided not to as these work so well for us.

sychnant

Visit site
Brilliant, thanks :)

She's been barefoot almost a year now, and was doing fine even on the stones, but I think the wet winter has softened her feet a tiny bit. I'll measure her up tonight :)

fatponee

Visit site
My TB wears these all round for hacking and has done for the last 6 years. I've found them to be very hard-wearing and easy to put on. As mentioned above, you will need a mallet to help put them on for the first handful of times, but after that they're really easy. Very easy to run under the hose to wash off the mud. I use pads in them too and these are also really easy to cut to fit.

Highly recommend getting the 'fit kit' to ensure you get the right size. :)