Eat my dust MP! Weekend plans :D

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
That time of the week again and the factory is on shutdown so I'm enjoying being at home from now until Monday.

Going to do a bit more with the midget as she's starting to act very grown up and is finally starting to bust out of some rugs :D

Two days of hacking for the big man and then jumping Saturday hopefully (unless the trend of jumping outings being thwarted continues).

What are you all up to? Hope all surprise sick notes from last week are righting themselves

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
*looks round nervously to see if MP has noticed this yet*

Skylla has decided to pop her halo back on out hacking, so maybe she'd just decided dressage isn't for her :lol:. So hacking is on the cards, might try and get mum to got to Somerford with me for a change of scene :).

Hope the jumping goes ahead this time!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I'm always happy when someone else starts it, just usually by about 2pm on a Thursday I can't wait any longer :D :D :D :D

Sicknote Millie is happily turned out in a little pen this morning, hoping that daytime turnout will be mean she is less inclined to go for zoomies as there isn't anyone else out in the fields to stir them up ;) So Kira is soaking up some rays after a fairly grown up school this morning.

Tomorrow will be spent moping as we should have been at Summerhouse finishing Millie's winter Q (Kira is going instead in 2 weeks as they kindly transferred my entries)

Saturday watching XC at Hartpury horse trials, won a car pass again - thanks NAF :D 5 years on the trot!

Sunday Kira has Advanced Medium area festival at Beacons. Probably going to stay overnight on saturday so she can have a jog round the warm up and chill.. I just want her to be a bit more relaxed and forward (but she'll probably go tight and stuffy!)

Oh! and Kira has a lesson on Tuesday - bit soon after Beacons but it was booked for Millie and seems a shame to cancel it. She will just have to have some more oats,she'll be quite chuffed :D

ihatework

Visit site
Will be at Hartpury for the 3* on Saturday then might try and nab a friends show cob to ride on Sunday who is surprisingly good fun! Makes a nice change from soul destroying horse shopping

Embo

Visit site
Hope you get to go jumping, Dabdab!

Enjoy the hacking, AH! And Somerford, if you do go.

Have fun at XC and best of luck for Kira on Sunday, MP! I hope Millie continues to be good.

Bowser & I have a jump lesson tonight, with hacking tomorrow. Quick run through of BE95 on Saturday then off to course walk in the afternoon... because I've only gone and entered Borde Hill UA on Sunday... but shhhh, we're not supposed to talk about it :D if I don't talk about it, I can pretend it's not happening :D :D :D

*Whispers* Although having seen some course photos of the 70cm which BH have put up on FB, I'm feeling pretty happy; considering we were hopping over the BE80 fences at Chilham last weekend(!) they should feel quite small!

I just hope it stays dry. The SJ is on a slope, which will be tricky enough for Bowser without any mud! If it gets muddy, we will have to W/D :(

So wish us luck for the thing that shall not be mentioned :D

j1ffy

Visit site
Good luck Embo and MP! Sounds like you're both having busy weekends. Happy hacking / schooling / event watching everyone else!

Pocholo is on holiday for a week in the hope that his near-hind gets better so I'll be moping on Sunday as we should have been at ALW UA. I'll still be there to help / cheer on a couple of friends though!

Indio will do some hacking, he's trotting now so it's a bit more interesting. Having spent months last year teaching him to do his 'big trot' for dressage he's now incapable of 'little trot', bless him! At least he's enjoying himself :D

sarahann1

Visit site
We're off to our first proper showing show to try WH on Sunday, only the very tiny classes (1'6" :D ) because we've never done a course more than 9 jumps before and never done a course on grass. Looking forward to it, already quite nervous thinking about it!

Good luck to everyone out competing and at clinics!

LeannePip

Visit site
Good Luck MP and Embo! Sorry to hear about Millie MP, everything crossed for a speedy recovery!

I have a very runny aroundy day on Saturday, had planned nothing now; working AM on our yard as YM is at Equifest and someone cancelled on her. Then have to ride, bath and pack lorry for Sunday, ride a livery's horse who's on Holiday. Then work PM for a friend as they are having big party in the eve. Then having a lorry driving lesson after work then going to big party at friends place in the eve!

Hoping for not too early times Sunday we are at Aston Le Walls for the next AT classic, going on my own with non-horsey dad to drive the lorry :O Will have to be super organised as usually have lovely helping friend and Mum to remind me of stuff!

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
I actually have weekend plans for the first time in about a month! Going clear round SJ on sunday to do Henry's first proper 80cm course, then off for an early morning beach trip on Monday with my friend and her horse :) I've not ridden for a week, so hopefully I haven't forgotten how to ride and hopefully Henry's sharer has been getting some jumping practice in :D

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I'm of to Tweseldown for some XC schooling!!! :biggrin3: we haven't been XC since May 2015 so v excited!

Ooh, if you ever want a buddy, let me know as it's on my list to drag NF along to as reasonably local.

No fixed plans as yet, was going to poss go to local 2 day show with one of them but after yesterday's rain, I think it's going to be a right sod to drive into as a long way across fields for parking!

Good luck to those competing, will look out for reports afterwards :)

Bernster

Visit site
Good lord, on a Wednesday?!

Oh alright then. Operation sort out our jumping continues on Sunday. Wobbleberry training at Milton Keynes xc. Haven't been since last year, it tends to have lots of options and hoping the ground is ok. We'll be sticking to the baby stuff to see if the grey beast is feeling up for it. He's fine physically, just had a whole load of checks done and he's moving and feeling really good. Sadly, the slight increase in jumping height to the lofty regions of 80cm seems to have thrown his rider (me) into a complete fit and as a result the poor fella has lost his confidence. I figured this Challenge might make me throw a wobbler. I hadn't accounted for the horse having one too!

monte1

Visit site
Weekend begins tomorrow for us, :) YAAY I have a day off work.

Friday we are at Tweseldown for the last in the #thisgirlcan BE training series. which I have so enjoyed and am really quite sad that this will be the last one.. have met some really lovely people and fab BE trainers. tomorrow we will be working on speed training and XC !
Saturday just light hacking and a fairly quiet day as on Sunday we are going to a little ODE a lovely local yard owner is running this event for her liveries and has invited a few of us local "outsiders" to come along.

Best of luck to everyone out competing, I hope the weather is kind!

AandK

Visit site
Ooh, if you ever want a buddy, let me know as it's on my list to drag NF along to as reasonably local.

I used to be local but not so any more (just over an hour away now), the BE course from July is still open aparently so should be fun! Is a clinic as I think we will need all the help I can get after such a long break XC!

CrazyMare

Visit site
I am green with envy. I have a day of dissertation writing and a day at work.

On the plus side I should have my new saddle on Tuesday as Eddie has burst out of his!!

JFTDWS

Visit site
I'm coaching tomorrow morning and polocrosse training on Saturday. Nothing else now until October (for me and Fergs, there's plenty out there for other teams), which is a depressing thought. Meh.

{97702}

Visit site
Brilliant lesson tonight which was really thought provoking - for me and the horse I think! I'm working on Saturday :( so nothing interesting, but on Sunday we are going back to the scene of last Sunday's disaster...... 10cm smaller.......c'mon Jensen it is all fun..... I have totally killed it mentioning it on this thread now of course......

teapot

Visit site
Three day weekend for me and the last weekend I have off until September. So sleep, try and see a few friends and catch up on generic dull stuff. That said, still going to work for a lesson on my new favourite ride, busman's holiday anyone?

Last edited:

mavandkaz

Visit site
had an excellent jumping lesson today with a new instructor, haven' really done much since I had a fall at the end of april. worked on getting a bigger canter into the fences and moving away again as soon as we land, and Shambles was just awesome, so hopefully onwards and upwards.
bit of schooling tomorrow to run through our tests, then hacking on Saturday.
then on Sunday we are off to Wellington for more My Quest.

have a fun weekend everyone

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Hmmm not on until 4.30 on Sunday which has slightly thrown me... now undecided on whether to go overnight to beacons or not. 100 miles each way... urgh don't know!

rara007

Visit site
Already up at equifest :) Cheeri has 2 workers classes tomorrow and Pip potentially through to the evening performance scurrying :) Saturday is Pips second scurry run if we don't get through and and ride and drive show class for him :)

HappyDayz

Visit site
We are off to our second attempt at an Area Festival. Annoyingly they put the prelim & novice on different days, with no stabling available so we will be out all weekend. Fingers crossed it goes better than our attempt at Brook Farm which was a disaster! Good luck to all those who are competing!

comet!

Visit site
We are off to our second attempt at an Area Festival. Annoyingly they put the prelim & novice on different days, with no stabling available so we will be out all weekend. Fingers crossed it goes better than our attempt at Brook Farm which was a disaster! Good luck to all those who are competing!

Good luck. I think I'm probably at the same AF as you - doing the ele tomorrow. I had the same a couple of years ago when my classes were on different days and no stabling.

I hoping it's not as wet there as it is here :-O Currently have an orange coloured gypsy cob that needs to be piebald with gleaming white legs and mane by tomorrow afternoon!

Last edited:

Cazzah

Visit site
Very excited to post for the first time in ages on the weekend thread :) I'm taking my young mare to her first ODE at Epworth on Sunday. Only doing the 70cm as:
a) its the first time ever XC over more than the odd log,
b)its the first time doing dressage on grass,
c) we've never jumped a competitive course of show jumps
d) its small enough to give her a kick to get over
e) I've misplaced my balls in the last couple of years and am already irrationally bricking it

I think I may be slightly crazy but got to start somewhere and looking at it as a good schooling opportunity.

Good luck to all competing!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Already up at equifest :) Cheeri has 2 workers classes tomorrow and Pip potentially through to the evening performance scurrying :) Saturday is Pips second scurry run if we don't get through and and ride and drive show class for him :)

Aw, looking forwards to photos of Pip being awesome! And Cheeri too, but especially Pip ;)