ebay - do you think its cheeky to....

_daisy_

Visit site
im glad that im not the only one then.
Someone has bought a saddle off me then emailed me to say that they have worked out the p&p and for me to re invoice then with their rate of p&p

Weezy

Visit site
That is NOT on
mad.gif
Tell them to cough up the agreed price or you will leave neg feedback - its their prob, not yours!

_daisy_

Visit site
ive emailed them back and lowered the p&p but not to what they have said it should be. Put on the email though that they shouldve queried it before bidding/winning the item.
I know i shouldntve but cant be doing with the hassle.

Weezy

Visit site
With saddles I state that I use courier only and will price it when I know the location bt that it will be around £15 - never had a prob with ths, door to door (pick up included) is usually about £13 and secured and people dont usually have a prob with it - how much does she think it will cost?

_daisy_

Visit site
he states i have "estimated p&p" - i normally send items like saddles by courier and they can cost upto £25 - never had a problem wit the price before as people are happy that they get the item really quick and secure. They want postage and insurance to come to £13 via Royal Mail.

I am right in thinking its not just the p&p it is also counting time to pack it and take it to the place of postage??

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
Okay, you're talking about 13 -15 quid for a courier, then LOTS of bubble wrap, then the box, time to pack it, wait in for courier etc.
I usually email seller BEFORE item ends and ask if I can get my own courier and add say a fiver to it for their time and packaging.
If they won't listen tell them you'll leave negative feedback.

_daisy_

Visit site
well thats what i told him in the original email - its not just what it costs to send the item its my time for packing it and taking it to the post office/courier.
he seems happy with the new invoice so well just see what he has to say in the feedback part!!!

Emily99

Visit site
when you bid you agree to the postage price.

I always use the sellers standard rate bit then they can't query it really. Put on your listing that on bidding you agree to a contract to pay for item including the P&P.

_daisy_

Visit site
i do use the sellers standard rate thing but obviously on this buyer he doesnt care about that.
Will definitely put a note in the info box on future listings about the p&p

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
I had someone do this with me, I refused to negotiate, she negged me so I negged her right back, she has since had two more negs for doing the exact same thing to others. Point out to your buyer that it is postage AND packing.........God the cheek of some people!

My particular nasty buyer was querying 60p!

flyingfeet

Visit site
You should not budge an inch if it was clearly stated in the auction

You can reply stating that when they bid they agreed to a contract and that the P&P has to include the cost of materials and not just P&P (i.e. they can sod off with their calc!)

Really irritates me when people try and do this!

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
I have had 2 people like this - they were disputing the fact that I did not do combined postage on 2 purchases. The reason - I don't do combined postage as I work out how much each parce will cost and don't inflate the postage. They left negative feedback then slated me when I put negative feedback - I have now blocked them. You try combining two enourmous FAL outdoor rugs into one to get cheap postage. I would then need to charge extra for the inconvenience of trying to get it in the car, carry it to the post office etc!

They should not bid if they cannot afford the postage. really about time Ebay did something about the feedback. I was blackmailed by it - if you don't reduce your postage I will leave neg feedback which is totally unacceptable - told them to do their worse - waited for them to leave their neg feedback then left my neg feedback about their attitude. Have since checked their feedback and they are habitual complainers. So I now check my bidders and if I see one with several postage complaints i cancel their bid. i am not that desperate to sell that I want the hassle of dealing with them

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Always mark your postage as Sellers Standarsd Rate, that covers postage, packaging the item + cost of packaging materials, driving to the post office, fuel, time etc. I certainly would not barter with them once they've bid. They read the auction & knew the P+P. You should maintain your original price & if they don't pay give them accurate but negative feedback. If they weren't prepared to pay your P+P price they should have bid on someone elses auction...I know I do if I consider the P+P is excessive (not that I'm saying yours is). I've had similar problems...so they neg you...providing you leave accurate & non abusive feedback it shouldn't affect your trading.
smile.gif

Tharg

Visit site
I always confirm P and P, in all fairness it goes both ways. Its rediculous when there is an insane amount of P and P for a small item. I find private sellers generally offer the fairest p and p, some shops on ebay have the same p and p for every item.

Salcey

Visit site
You shouldnt budge on your postage charge. They knew what it was before bidding. Don't forget if its for a saddle, you've got to send it courier so you have a signiture as proof of delivery, especailly if its paid for by paypal. You also need insurance cover, which again means you probably have to send it courier.
People that try it on like this are well out of order

the watcher

Visit site
Yes it is cheeky, and I wouldn't have budged, would just have cancelled their bid and relisted ot done a second chance to the next nearest bidder...I already filter out some bidders on my sales..the bad ones spoil it for everybody else