ebay rant

Agent XXX999

Visit site
Sorry.

I sold my Pessoa on ebay nearyl 2 weeks ago and the woman still hasnt paid...she keeps asking questions, pics etc....

I said on the ad that I havent got a digital camera and so the attached pic was an idea - if they wanted pics please contact me and I would txt them...

Anyway, the buyer keeps asking questions now, hasnt paid, I have sent 10 pics on my mobile to her....she is now moaning because the writing is not gold (its a rodrigo and the writing isnt!)

What do I do??? She got a complete bargain - the saddle sold for under £500 and it has only been sat on about 10 times - which I also said on the ad

Am I being unreasonable, and what do I do - can I relist? I have sent her a payment reminder and have been completely cooprative so far but am reaching the end of the lead rope of calmenss!
crazy.gif

RachelB

Visit site
That's why so many people put disclaimers on their listings to state that if the winning bidder doesn't pay within 7 days (or so) that the item will be re-listed! My dad had loads of trouble with a guy from Germany or somewhere winning one of our cars, coming over to GB to get it (or so he told us), ringing our home number and leaving messages while we were out, but leaving no contact number! He later complained to eBay about my dad although it was entirely his fault he didn't get the car!
I don't suppose it says in eBay's Ts&Cs whether you can re-list after so many days of non-payment?

luane1

Visit site
Go to the moderator and report the woman for not paying and they should be able to either get her to pay or let you relist you dont want bad feedback so make sure she is at fault. People are so annoying

Salcey

Visit site
If you file a non paid item dispute. they then have 7 days to pay, if you then get no reponse you get your fees back and can then relist. Some people are such a waste of time!

Allykat

Visit site
You can issue a non paying bidder warning or something.

Send her an email telling her to pay up or you will contact ebay to issue warning. Once the warning is issued you can leave neg feedback and then relist your item.

Good luck

Stella

Visit site
Yes, you can file a 'non payment dispute' (not sure of the exact term) - you can do this after 7 days of non-payment, so you have been more than reasonable. People tend not to want to be in trouble with Ebay for breaching their rules, so I have always found the threat of doing this gets me immediate payment. I politely tell them them that I "must do this tomorrow if payment is not received" on the 6th day after aution closes! They will tackle the culpret for you and will refund your fees if payment isn't forthcoming pretty soon.

The buyer has no business doing this, she should have asks for the additional information (photos whatever) before she bid. Unless you specified otherwise, the sale is final, she can't change her mind then because of a photo she doesn't like.

Go to HELP on the top menu to find out how to file a dispute.
Good luck and let us know how it goes
smile.gif

mandy4727

Visit site
Send her a fair but firm email. Stating that if no payment is recieved by """" date. You will a) report her to paypal and ebay and b) relist the item. Either ignore the feedback which I have done or leave negative before she does. I think you have been more than fair with her.

madthing2spyda

www.saxonoak.co.uk
Hi, I ebay a lot, its my job, she has entered into a legal aggrement to purchase your goods. send her a reminder, see if you can get her to pay with a cheque, because if she is causing you trouble now she can also do it later ie. lodge a dispute with paypal and if paypal rule in her favour the with refund her, you then have no money and no goods, also MAKE SURE you send it recorded ie signed for & with a tracking number, it's to cover yourself if it gets lost or your buyer says its not arrived, you have PROOF that you posted it. It does cost more but the buyer pays for the postage. Or tell them to collect. Sorry about the spelling it's late gone 1pm hope I have been a little help. Good night all

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
If she wants to leave a neg, then she will do. My recommendation is to suggest to her that you both agree not to continue with the transaction. This means that your feedback is protected, you back put the item back onto ebay and hopefully get more for it, and that you will also get your fees back from ebay so you won't lose out at all. She can still leave feedback, but there is no point negging you if she is happy with the transaction not being completed. There is no point trying to sell someone something they no longer want, no matter whether they have "legally" agreed to continue. Your not going to take her to court for this amount, so the legal bit is totall worthless and you will end up with a negative which you say you don't want! It is probably worth buying a cheap digital camera as you will get a lot more for items with photos than you imagine.

emmajanerushton

community.webshots.com
Its the Buyers Responsibility to READ and Sellers to ACCURATLY List, there are a fair few time wasters on there at present i ended up with 2 REVENGE negative feedbacks , but can take it as she made herself look a fool and now has a rating of minus 1 !!! I HATE LIARS, and they make ebay a bad place, there are lots of genuine folk out there also though, file non paying bidder asap

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
That's as may be EJR, but no point getting worked up about it. We just have to realise that a high percentage of ebayers are total morons.
grin.gif
Currently, this person has not paid, doesn't sound like they are going to, so forget about it and try to get them to agree to stop the transaction rather than go through the non paying bidder process which is drawn out and will definitely end up with a neg for FF. Absolutely no point. She can get more for the item anyway, so just cancel the transaction, block the bidder from bidding on any more of FF auctions and sell the item to someone who will pay the right price!

My OH and I sell 200 items or more a week on ebay, and we have seen it all. We now take the easy route and follow the above process for NPBs!

Agent XXX999

Visit site
Right.... I have emailed her this

Hi

Please decide today whether you are going to pay for the saddle. If not I am prepared to mutually withdraw from the sale today, and I will re-list the item.

I described the saddle in my listing which you are being sold. I feel that I have been more than helpful in sending you pictures via phone etc. The emails that you sent to my hotmail have not been received (which is why it is always better to send via the official form on ebay) but I have responded promptly to all of the emails that you have sent.

I have even called your mobile to see if you had received the pictures and left messages with my number – you have not returned my calls.

Could you please let me know what you want to do by 18.00 this evening, or I will be forced to re-list the item and go through ebays unpaid item system. Under the rules a winning bid needs to be paid for 7 days after the auction ends – any questions should have been asked before you bid.

I am sorry to be pushy but I need to get this sorted ASAP.

What do you think? Is that the right thing to have sent?

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Yup - that's fine. Hopefully she will decide straight away if she is going to pay or not. Then put her on your banned list so she can't bid again! There is a 10p buy it now ebay day today, so perhaps you could relist today on a buy it now rather than an auction.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
To get the best advice it is best to go to the Ebay Chat Room. You need to launch a 'Goods not paid for dispuite' with ebay. Hopefully the person will then pay up when Ebay get involved. If they don't then there is various action Ebay can take.

As for protecting your 100% feedback, you shouldn't protect it at any cost. You will be letting a non paying bidder get away with it. If the bidder eventually leaves negative feedback just leave concise but polite negative feedback on them. One negative feedback placed by a non payer will not deter people from buying your listings.

Additionally you could also instead of relisting the saddler you could offer it as a second chance offer to the 2nd highest bidder.

evsj

Visit site
The worst thing about ebay is the fact that some a**ehole can leave negative feedback for you when, in fact they were at fault. i lost my 100% feedback record when someone sold me a holey (described as not having any holes) thermatex rug - yet they were able to leave me a negative (even though I'd paid)!!

0ldmare

Visit site
Hi, Dont mutually withdraw because you will be out of pocket as you will have to pay the listing fees all over again and then the 2nd lot of Final Valuation Fees. Wait for 1 week after the purchase and if she hasnt paid you can raise an 'Unpaid Item' dispute. ebay then send a couple of alerts to the buyer and if they dont pay within a further week you will get credited for for the Final Valuation and can do a free relist. It also means the buyer gets a bad payment strike by ebay and you can give her bad feedback and she cant argue with it. I have gone through this process several times and it works fine. Mostly the customer pays up and if they dont you havent lost anything