eBay rant

ed&arch

Visit site
Are there any ‘avid’ eBay users on here?
I’m selling brand new horsey items on there at the moment, all at very reasonably prices and open to offers with fast postage etc.
I’ve had so many people make an offer, I’ve accepted or they’ve won the auction but then they just don’t pay. I then go through the rigmarole of having to re list.

Is there anything I can do in this situation? Can I leave neutral feedback for said buyer? I’ve never bought anything and not paid straight away.

Am I moaning for no reason? Probably. It’s just very annoying!!

CMcC

Visit site
It is very annoying.
I think if you report to eBay if the person does it persistently they will get banned eventually.
One person annoyed me so much I left negative feedback, made me feel better but not sure it changed her behaviour.

PurBee

Visit site
Are the buyers new ebay users?

Somewhere (buried probably, as is the way with ebay) within your ‘seller settings’ you can define your buyers. so if any have negative feedback you can refuse to sell to them, so they wont be able to even go through the sale process and waste your time.

If someone doesnt pay, go through the nonpayer reporting process. This then helps future sellers who have the restricted selling settings activated.

Ebay and paypal are a pain these days to deal with. Try other marketplaces too - facebook marketplace, is free to list - amazon is like ebay with its useability, yet theres loads of customers there. Etsy takes commission too but it a vast audience.

July dreamer

Visit site
This is what has put me off ebay, you cannot leave negative feedback for buyers. I last sold some things (non horsey) in the spring, people bid and win the auction and then disappear. Or the item doesn't sell and someone emails you to say they missed the end of the auction, could you list it as buy it now and they'll buy it. Except it costs (or used to) to list BIN and then they don't buy it any way.
You can report non payers to ebay, I always do, and I also block bidders if they mess me around.

ed&arch

Visit site
This is what has put me off ebay, you cannot leave negative feedback for buyers. I last sold some things (non horsey) in the spring, people bid and win the auction and then disappear. Or the item doesn't sell and someone emails you to say they missed the end of the auction, could you list it as buy it now and they'll buy it. Except it costs (or used to) to list BIN and then they don't buy it any way.
You can report non payers to ebay, I always do, and I also block bidders if they mess me around.

Exactly this! It’s frustrating that you can’t leave negative or neutral feedback for buyers. I didn’t know you could report them, so I’ll look into this!

Arzada

Visit site
Block them so they can't bid on your items in future: https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/blocking-buyer-ebay?id=4082

Also go to your Account Settings, Selling, Selling Preferences, Your buyers and alter any settings to suit you eg a buyer must have a minimum of 2 positive feedbacks to bid

Are you going through the Unpaid Item process and cancelling the sale? This means that eBay refunds your selling fees

Kaylum

Visit site
If you cancel as they don't pay they get a strike on their account. So many strikes and they get suspended. You can cancel if they dont pay after 4 days and then block them. We have had two like that over the past month when we usually get none. There are also people who are businesses selling the same things your listing who use dead accounts to interfere with your ebay to try and make you give up. We have had this before and they troll you through ebay.

When you cancel due to non payment make sure you put the reason for no payment but don't do it until 4 days have passed and you will see the cancellation reason come up when you select on the drop down.

Lucky Snowball

Visit site
Why do sellers include 'make an offer' option and then refuse an offer ? eg I offered £24 when the 'buy it now' was £25 due to the fact that postage was £3.70 for a small letter package. Just wondering why ?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I've got really good feedback as a buyer, I'm a very prompt payer etc, but I actually got blocked from buying an item recently (an exercise bike) for daring to ask a couple of questions about it! The seller's line was 'I wouldn't be selling it if it didn't work' and I was clearly not permitted to press him a little further on that!

He had good feedback, presumably from buyers who don't ask questions!

His loss. Bought a better one the next day for less money and collected it in person - all grand.

nikkimariet

Visit site
I block the bad ones. I give 4 days then auto relist. I rarely have a problem but something I was selling recently went for a good amount of money only for them not to pay. That was annoying.

Snowfilly

Visit site
Why do sellers include 'make an offer' option and then refuse an offer ? eg I offered £24 when the 'buy it now' was £25 due to the fact that postage was £3.70 for a small letter package. Just wondering why ?

I sell a lot on there and tend to accept slightly lower offers if it’s 1) been listed a while already or 2) someone’s buying several items. The buy it now is the price I want, the offer is something I’m willing to accept.