Eco Clothing - What do you think....

sunshinepony

Visit site
Hello helpful horse folk. I wonder if you can help me (with uni work!), I'm trying to get an idea of what us horse folk think about environmentally friendly clothes.

Do you buy them? or would you? Any comments would be SO appreciated as im struggling to get views on this!

if you have time, I would be so grateful if you could complete my survey for uni, the link is here:

https://surveyhero.com/c/f0eda647

Thank you xx :)

Reactions: DD

sunshinepony

Visit site
Thank you to all for you help so far, if anyone else can spare a moment for the survey that would be amazing.

Also, any comments you wish to make regarding sustainability and eco-fashion would be much appreciated. :)

mariew

Visit site
Eco clothing, i think it would possibly need some serious research as to what is eco, sourcing your fabric and you're likely to get lots of questions so you need to be knowledgeble about what you sell. Recycled and reused is probably better than organic as you are not using new resources, however you might find that organic is more popular. It would be cool if you could do something with plastic feedbags and baling twine.

It's going to be hard in the equestrian industry that relies on stretchy materials, that generally contains some sort of plastic and that is not particularly environmentally friendly. Wool would be a good option, supports the british farmers and is a material that breaks down and doesn't take millions of gallons of water to process (which i believe cotton does) but i suspect the market for this is limited as it tends to get more expensive.

little_critter

Visit site
Eco clothing, i think it would possibly need some serious research as to what is eco, sourcing your fabric and you're likely to get lots of questions so you need to be knowledgeble about what you sell. Recycled and reused is probably better than organic as you are not using new resources, however you might find that organic is more popular. It would be cool if you could do something with plastic feedbags and baling twine.

It's going to be hard in the equestrian industry that relies on stretchy materials, that generally contains some sort of plastic and that is not particularly environmentally friendly. Wool would be a good option, supports the british farmers and is a material that breaks down and doesn't take millions of gallons of water to process (which i believe cotton does) but i suspect the market for this is limited as it tends to get more expensive.
And don't forget yard clothes need to be easily washable.
I must admit my merino base layer is fine on a normal wash. But they are expensive....not everyday yard wear.

sunshinepony

Visit site
thank you for your comments. I will add this to my research. it would be great if you could complete the survey (if not already done so)

@little_critter where have you ordered your merino base layers? thanks

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
thought so :)

I would have liked to see comfort mentioned a few more times, essentially all my active clothing (cycling, weights, swimming) is bought for comfort and being fit for purpose.