eeeek can't sleep

daveismycat

Visit site
...because I'm doing my first one day event in 12 years today (sunday)!!

And it's only a 2'3" unaffiliated thing, but I'm considerably less fit and more terrified than I was as a teenager. Add that to the fact my little mare doesn't really get jumping, and that's why I'm sat here panicking at 1am!!

The course looks beautiful, although I think I must be shrinking because 2'3" seems bigger than I thought it would be (My husband is 6'1"). Don't know what he is waving his arms about for.
smirk.gif

DSC00613-1.jpg

So, wish me luck. I know it's not as impressive as your wonderful BE reports (which are so inspiring to read, and probably the reason I am attempting this). Luckily my amazing instructor is coming with me to kick my backside into gear. That way I can't wimp out at the last minute!
blush.gif

I love my Spanish horse

Visit site
Dont worry you'll be fine, i was exactly the same a couple of weeks ago in my first sj comp in 6 months after an injury. Just think positve and enjoy it, its meant to be fun after all, and youll probably suprise yourself and do really well, then wonder what it was you were so worried about! (and if all else fails, try rescue remedy!
grin.gif
)