Eeeek

Reashi

Visit site
I've been riding someones horse for them as their daughter has given up, and they needed someone to keep her in work while they try and find a new loan home for her, and shes a good little older mare, good little jumper. I've just been asked to join a team for showjumping at bleinham, which the first round is 3'4''. For those who don't know, I quit jumping over a year ago, as it scares me! I have wanted to get back into it if I found a horse that I felt confident would take me over the jump. I've said I'll jump Bella tomorrow and see how I feel, I jumped her over a 2'3'' course a few months ago (I was WELL chuffed with myself!), and am kind of excited at the thought of jumping bigger again, but also scared! Any tips for keeping my cool as the fences get over 3ft? I did use to be able to jump 3'9'' courses, but sadly my confidence really plummeted.

Ali0

Visit site
Oh Good luck hope you have fun just through your hole heart over it with her! Has she found her a loan home?
As I am looking for a pony to loan at the moment.
If she is for loan pleae pm me or email me on
amamstav@btinternet.com

Love Alice

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
I can recommend Rescue remedy and practice over similar heights. There is nothing better than confidence for helping your nerves. If you think its mental block then I can also recommend TFT it has really helped me and my confidence Sj as I would get so nervous and just muck it up. Now I am so much calmer and more confident that the horse goes better.

Peanot

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I can recommend Rescue remedy and practice over similar heights. There is nothing better than confidence for helping your nerves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can second this. I have started to have Rescue Remedy while at a show and it seems to be working. Last week, I jumped in 85cm and then the British Novice and I won them both. Not even got a double clear in BN before, and I`ve entered about 5. Then yesterday I managed the BN but we had 4 faults and then the Discovery. Knocked the last fence tho to collect 4 faults. I haven`t jumped in the Disc for 2 years, and I was bricking. So I`m sure you`ll be ok. Go for it but get an instructor so as you are pushed a little past your comfort zone each time to help you gain confidence.
Good Luck.
wink.gif

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
rescue remedy is great. take some deep breaths, and maybe even hum a favourite song or think of something else before you get on. Try and not to think of it as being scary. I lost my confidence with jumpin once, and I got back into it, by trying not to think about the things that made me loose my confidence. Good luck and have fun
smile.gif

Weezy

Visit site
Hey I did Blenheim and although it is pretty up to height it is really welcoming and I have never seen a nasty course - it is really flowing and welcoming - I am sure you will do fine
grin.gif