Effects of feeding on eating related behaviour

Lvrees

www.supergroom.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Cribbing is said to be caused by feeding of concentrates and lack of forage yet it also becomes a habit. Did he crib before you had him???

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's rather a sweeping statement Lvrees!You cannot possibly make a statement that that is the only reason behind a horse cribbing!
This thread does make an interesting read, I'll give you that
smile.gif

xx

[/ QUOTE ]

I said "Cribbing is said to be caused" I didnt not say "cribbing is caused by" as I know that there are tons of external factors. But you only have to read the studies which have been performed to realise the results!!

voltaire

Visit site
I think I read your post correctly and perhaps I didn't properly explain my own.

I was not suggesting that "greed" had anything to do with your dissertation, and apologise if my english didn't convey this. I merely meant that attitude towards food was down to a number of factors and I would expect behavior to relate to this. I think there is a danger of classifying a horse as a horse (which is obviously correct), but I don't think two horses are the same in the way I don't think two people are the same. I suspect that behaviour is to do with the type of animal (in this case a horse - obviously) but that there are distinct variations in behaviour and attitude due to physiological aspects of each individual as well as availability.