Eland Lodge Summer Camp 2019

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Woo hoo I just booked my slot on the summer camp :D
We have never done camp before so I am really looking forward to it!

I love Eland, we used to live in Ashby so were about 40 mins from there, used to be there quite often.
We now live in South Wales :( so we have a 160 mile road trip(one way) to get there but it will all be worth it!

Has anyone been before?
Or is anyone going to camp 4... 8th-10th August?!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Story about Eland.....
At camp 2 years ago someone rang to say they sere not going to be able to make it because their lorry had broken down on the way. They were over an hour away still. John offered to fetch them - no charge.

At another large localish equestrian facility I was staying at camp and got directed onto a muddy field to park for the weekend. Big sign on entrance to the field: Minimum fee for vehicle assistance £30.00

Eland: free parking for BE events for everyone - riders, spectators etc.

Other large localish equestrian facility: competitors may park for free but any passengers travelling in same vehicle as must pay £5 each. Not taking up any more parking space just breathing the same air.....

Love Eland.

Chippers1

Visit site
Ooo I was going to sign up but car failing it's MOT put a stop to it :( maybe if I have some more cash and there's spaces closer to the time....:D
Have a great time, I love Eland lodge! I went to walk the course once (although my old lorry broke - story of my life - so didn't end up going) and caught John at the end who I spoke to briefly about how terrified I was and he was so nice and said to just have fun and don't think about it as a competition. I went back a few months later for schooling and bumped into him again and he remembered me and asked if we were enjoying ourselves now rather than terrified :D

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
AE & Chippers - i havent heard a bad word about Eland from anyone!
My friend has been to camp for the last 4 years and loves it :)

I'm really going for the XC course I LOVE it :p:p.. I took my boy when he was a 4yo for a pop over the little ones and to see some water, he is now 10 so will be lovely to return!!

Chippers I hope you can make it!!

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
I went 2 years ago and just LOVED it. Eland is the friendliest, nicest place ever. John can't do enough to help people and the facilities are great. I'm going again this year but to Camp 1 in July.

AE, how did your camp go? :cool::cool:
I've seen Elands updates on Facebook/Instagram but don't think I saw a pic of you! x