Electric Fencing!

krichardson87

Visit site
Hey all,

So we have had to put our own electric on our paddocks as our ponies are leaning into the adjoining field.

We have a Fenceman CP250 energiser with a huge car battery and it is all connected correctly with new fencing wire, however the cheeky pony can lean over the fence for, at a guess, 30 seconds before getting a zap.

Is there anyway of turning the energiser up so it sends out pulses more often, therefore zapping the pony quicker?

Cheers in advance x

SpotsandBays

Visit site
Hey all,

So we have had to put our own electric on our paddocks as our ponies are leaning into the adjoining field.

We have a Fenceman CP250 energiser with a huge car battery and it is all connected correctly with new fencing wire, however the cheeky pony can lean over the fence for, at a guess, 30 seconds before getting a zap.

Is there anyway of turning the energiser up so it sends out pulses more often, therefore zapping the pony quicker?

Cheers in advance x
Is the battery having to electrify a lot of fencing? I would say either it’s A, not working properly or B not enough juice for the amount of fencing you may have. (Without knowing much info)

Equi

Visit site
This brand should be able to send a pulse every 10 seconds. How much fencing are you using and is it able to touch anything to short out like a branch, grass, wooden post etc? Is your horse rugged/hairy?

supsup

Visit site
I think your problem might be that the energiser is simply too weak. It has only 0.25 Joules output. From experience, I wouldn't consider anything with less that 1.5J, better 2J output to be effective for horses that don't already respect the fence, or have a thick coat.
I don't think you can change the pulse frequency on the CP250. And as above - the earth stake makes a big difference. If you haven't done so already, get a proper long earth stake (not just the stake that the energiser comes with) and put it into the ground at least 2 feet.

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
I see the pony has moved fields but for next time it might be that there is tall grass or weeds which is causing it to short to earth.