Electrolytes

chocolategirl

Visit site
Hi folks, can someone please point me in the right direction of an electrolyte that doesn’t have a strong smell or taste please? Currently using Topspec one, which 2 of them will eat, but the third just won’t touch her feed no matter how hungry she is! I know it’s this, because if I don’t put them in, she eats her feed fine?‍♀️?‍♀️ Could do with something as bland as possible but effective. Any suggestions? Tia ?

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I use 2 parts ordinary salt to 1 part lo salt which my fussy one will eat. In the summer I add a tiny bit of salt to his feeds so he is used to the taste if I need to feed higher levels when I want to feed an electrolyte.

ETA I've tasted some of the electrolytes and regardless of what flavour they say they are, they pretty much taste salty.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I’ve read that ordinary salt can actually irritate ulcers, and in some cases actually cause them?

If you look at the ingredients of a lot the commercial electrolytes they contain Sodium Chloride which is salt. They also contain Potassium Chloride (lo salt). The other ingredients are usually magnesium, calcium and flavourings.