Elementary tests

CSYMolly

community.webshots.com
Right folks I am not far off having to move up to elementary so thought I would start playing with some of the tests. So as not to put myself off before I even get there which would you recommend I have a go at first? Break myself in easily!!
Thanks

CSYMolly

community.webshots.com
Cool thanks guys will get those two tests for starters and have a play. Are they long or short arena tests?
Latest BD mag has a very good article on moving up to elementary just had a read and I'm all excited to go practise towards simple changes with the exercise they have given - was meant to jump tonight oh well..

katiejaye

Visit site
I'm also moving up to elementary and my instructor recommended 44 as a good starter. I have been having lessons with a double bridle for a few weeks now and am really excited about having a go at elementary! We'll prob humiliate ourselves the first few times...oh well!

CSYMolly

community.webshots.com
Oooh its exciting isn't it, never ridden elementary in my life so first time for the both of us. Don't think I will bother with a double for a while but look forward to being good enough to prance around in one one day! Think I am going to embarrass myself at a few unaff elem first then do BD next year.
Good luck might see you at Patchetts one day! (That is Patchetts in your photos isn't it?)

katiejaye

Visit site
I know very exciting! We've been doing BD novice affil for the past year and a bit and he's been doing so well that my instructor has finally persuaded me to bite the bullet and go for it! Don't worry I'll prob be embarrassing myself too! I'm going to wait until after the area festival and then go for my first elementary!

Yup it is patchetts...we are stabled very close by so go there often. It very nice for competing but very competitive there!

CSYMolly

community.webshots.com
A lot of people don't seem to like it there but I do, they nearly always run on time, its professional and I don't find the people snobby but maybe I'm too dim to notice!! What's your horses name, will look out for you although I don't think I will be competing much the next few months, gotta catch up with the finances!
Good luck with area festival, I did Patchetts on the weekend, unfortunately I did well in the first test and not the qualifier but she was a brave girl with all the flowers and banners she is SUCH a spook monster so I have to be happy she is finally getting over that stage (I think).

Tempi

Visit site
44 and 41 are nice, so is 43. (even tho it has leg yield in it its easy to get a good mark in). You just need to be able to show collection and more extension in elementary. Im out of elementary soon and going up to medium (maybe!!) so very scared!!

CSYMolly

community.webshots.com
Thanks for sounding so positive, was telling someone lat night at my yard about going up to elem and she made me feel like I was so not ready and it is soo difficult and I should expect to do well etc etc really burst my bubble. My instructor says I am nearly ready so will listen to her!
Good luck for med it's great to progress and learn I find it all so fascinating, wish I could ride and learn dressage all day hee hee.
Going to order those 3 tests today and get playing about have plenty of time as I won't get to elem before spring next year I would say, not aff anyway.