Emaciated Shire horses - Vikki versus the RSPCA

millimoo

Visit site
I just wanted to congratulate Vikki Fowler on her amazing efforts in rescuing Hope. From memory I think her rescue was posted on here.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...fined-86-000-banned-keeping-animals-life.html

But I had no idea that the RSPCA had been their usual useless self, and only got involved when the press attention driven by Vikki was becoming too high profile.
What a great outcome for the Equines of this world following the owners ban for life - which indicates how serious it was.
Thankyou Vikki, I would love to know how Hope is after such an ordeal :)

meesha

Visit site
Well done Vikki, it sounds certain that without her these horses would have died a slow and horrible death. Would be great to hear if Hope has made a full recovery. Not that its really relevant but I bet she didnt get the money back she had to pay to rescue Hope - yet the RSPCA got their costs reimbursed.

Moon

Visit site
Search for hopes story on facebook, theres a group on there with hundreds of before and after pics. She took her to a local show and won, the horse is now in unbelievable condition in comparison.

zaminda

Visit site
What a wonderful story, at least she manged to help all the horses by her actions. Another one where the RSPCA should hang their heads in shame, although they did eventually get a good result.

joeanne

Visit site
Errrr if it was not for Vicki the ruddy RSPCA would not have acted!
I think it was only the fact she is a vet and was able to continually push the point home PLUS set up a FB page alerting others that the RSPCA did anything at all!

bobajob

Visit site
Why do people like this keep horses? I mean if he could not feed or manage their welfare, get rid, either sell, slaughter or give away.

ellie11987

Visit site
Vicki is one of my vets, truly lovely and inspiring woman. Wonderful thing she has done, I will her all the luck with Hope.

Tinsel Town

Visit site
what an amazing lady, just been looking at the photos of Hope on the facebook page in tears! what an beautiful horse she has turned into! hats off to Vikki, fantastic job, well done! :D