Embryo sale

Supertrooper

Visit site
Just a question re sovereign sale of embryos

I assume you are buying the surrogate mare with the embryo implanted

What then happens to that mare once the foal is born?

I might be completely wrong but would like to know how it works

ihatework

Visit site
No you are buying the embryo.
I suspect what happens will be individual to the lot in question.
Ie - do you take on the surrogate, foal down yourself then hand surrogate back at weaning. Or does the surrogate owner stay in control of that aspect?
It’s a bit of a minefield if I’m honest.

TheMule

Visit site
Given the total lack on information and detail available on said auction, I find it incredible that anyone would dare to bid. Some of the embryos had no AI dates/ pregnancy confirmation, no detail of location of the surrogate, liabilities for costs etc….

ihatework

Visit site
Given the total lack on information and detail available on said auction, I find it incredible that anyone would dare to bid. Some of the embryos had no AI dates/ pregnancy confirmation, no detail of location of the surrogate, liabilities for costs etc….

But they are all ‘closely’ related to the world and his wife 😆

Lexi 123

Visit site
i watch a tictoker that does embryo transfer on her mares the mare keep the baby until they get to weaning age and then the mare goes back. It just the uncertainty of what happened if the mare doesn’t stay pregnant.

ihatework

Visit site
i watch a tictoker that does embryo transfer on her mares the mare keep the baby until they get to weaning age and then the mare goes back. It just the uncertainty of what happened if the mare doesn’t stay pregnant.
The post is about buying embryos from a donor mare that you do not own.