Embryo Transfer

RachelB

Visit site
What are the requirements for an embryo transfer recipient mare? I have been chatting to a friend who sent her broken 8/9yo ISH mare off to be an ET mare, who says that I should consider it in case my mare doesn't come sound again. I've tracked down the advert she said she found for the place she's sent her mare to, but it is asking for 3-10yo 16.1hh+ mares. Mine is a 15.3hh 11yo ID X middleweight, absolutely fabulous temperament, sweetest thing ever, has bred her own foal(s) before but doesn't have the best comformation, hence why I don't want to breed from her "directly".
Can anyone give me any advice - would my mare be suitable for a life as an ET recipient? What other criteria are used to select mares?

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
Trremlows had a height limit because of the size of foals. Both stallions & mares are quiet big, so I suppose they do not want to take a risk. Where were they advertising? Horsemart had one for http://www.poolhousevets.co.uk/ I dont think they had a height limit. Not sure about the age but they may have more info for you;

RachelB

Visit site
Thanks for that, I reckon it will at least be worth ringing round to offer her to some places and see what they say. Still just a thought though, got to see if she comes sound yet!
Thanks!