Embryo Transplant

severnmiles

Visit site
Anyone looked into this and the costs? Am I right in thinking about 3k would provide the surrogate mare, scans, insemination and chosen stud fee e.t.c Is the bit where they take the eggs from chosen mare extra?

Faithkat

Visit site
The stud where my mare is at the moment does embryo transplants. They did the first one in (I think) 1999 and currently have the result of an embryo transplant from Corrada before she went to the States. I'll be going there again tomorrow, i could enquire as to prices for you.

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Id be very interested to know this as am thinking of doing this with Spider next year

[/ QUOTE ]

Great minds think alike! Everyone keeps telling me to put Rhi in foal now but knowing my luck something would go wrong so I'm not chancing it. Rather pay a bit more and do it that way.

What stallion would you use?

H-J

www.piczo.com
Criminal Law is looking a likely candidate at the mo.

Need something fine and mostly TB really and tall he is 16.3hh

What about you?

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
There are some costs on the Beaufort ET site http://www.beaufortembryotransfer.co.uk/page7.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Sim!
smile.gif
Very useful.

Does anyone know what "60 day pregnancy £1000.00" is?

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Criminal Law is looking a likely candidate at the mo.

Need something fine and mostly TB really and tall he is 16.3hh

What about you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like CL and Lord David S. Only thing that puts me off of CL is that his stock are often quirky - I like nice 'people'! Though Rhi has a super temp anyway.

I'd like something small-ish - no bigger than 16.2hh and not to heavy body-wise. I'd love Rock King but I'm sure he's to approved mares only. I also like Welton Double Cracker...hmmm I'd have to see what she looks like as a 3y.o (if Ernie sells that is!).

Bossanova

Visit site
I wouldnt do it unless it was on an advanced mare.
It's very expensive, you're unlikely to recoup the costs by selling the foal from anything other than an advanced mare.
I'd like to breed from Moon but I'm going to wait until she injures herself and do it then. If by some miracle she doesnt injure herself, I'm quite happy to take a year out from her career to get a baby or just wait until she retires.

Remember you may have to cover the costs of the keep of the recipient mare, things will always go wrong, vets fees are extremely expensive and if you end up with a dead foal, you've lost an awful lot of money....

severnmiles

Visit site
You're right! You see everyone said stick Rhi in foal this year but the poblem I have is that foaling is risky, I don't mind her losing comp time but I don't like the thought of her dying during foaling (if it happened during sport then thats different - to me anyway as she's out there doing what she'd have been bred to do).

Perhaps better to just buy a brother or sister next year
confused.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my plan as Moon has 2 younger full sisters. But sadly the breeder has latched onto the fact that Moon has talent and has seriously upped their prices!!
Oh well
frown.gif

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my plan as Moon has 2 younger full sisters. But sadly the breeder has latched onto the fact that Moon has talent and has seriously upped their prices!!
Oh well
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh...just like Des, a couple of years ago a 3y.o was £2,500 and Shiner was bought by LS for about £1,800 as a 4y.o, he's now 6k for a 3y.o
crazy.gif
I know its not a crazy figure today but out of my price range!