Emilion / Jus de Pomme

frazzled

Visit site
Can anyone tell me anything about these two stallions? Our new boy is by Emilion out of a Jus de Pomme mare. I have found some info about them but would be interested to know of peoples experiences of their progeny.

FireFly29

Visit site
My new mare is out of an Emilion mare, so not such a direct relative, but so far she's been good to ride and has done whatevers been asked of her such as water, fillers etc. Touch wood!
There's pictures of Emilion on sport horse data.
Not sure if this is any help at all!

louisem

Visit site
Emilion normally careful and willing. Competitive. Jus de Pomme very scopey but a little slow sometimes. Very good on mothers side...... Chestnut or grey?

frazzled

Visit site
Thanks Firefly, will look up sports horse data. Have found some video of them both jumping. Our boy has the sweetest temprement but can be quite sensitive.

Daytona

Visit site
My boy is Indoctro x emilion , he has the loveliest temperament, such a softy very easy to handle etc. nice to ride but jeezo he can buck, when he feels like it. He has a massive jump, loose schooled over 1.80m and makes it look like its a x pole.

JustMe22

Visit site
Friend of mine had a jus de pomme mare - strawberry roan, didn't look "pretty" in the stable but jumped very well, could be a little slow from what I remember. He jumped her into about the 1.40's I think before she went unsound and was retired to stud somewhere.

mitchellk

Visit site
Had a Jus de Pomme - she was a YR ride and was very scopey but rather lazy, was a delight in the box and very easy to do. She was bay and quite an attractive horse, nicely put together wish we had kept her and put in foal but she had to finance the next horse.

TableDancer

Visit site
I had an Emilion gelding, who was out of a Selle Francais mare but I can't remember her breeding - just wondering if it is the same horse as I know he was sold recently to Scotland??)

He was extremely talented but very very quirky, and when I was talking to Edward Bleekman about his breeding he said Emilions are renowned for this. I adored riding him but he was by no means everybody's cup of tea and when he decided he wanted to quit eventing there was no changing his mind ;)

frazzled

Visit site
Table dancer, not the same horse we are are not in Scotland.:) Also I would say ours is not quirky just a bit sensitive but seems straightforward.

vinnie

teendressagedream.com
My gelding's grandsire is Jus De Pomme. He is doing dressage at PSG level and has the loveliest temperment imaginable, and has a trainability to die for. If you have seen Jus De Pomme jump you will know he is quite slow but careful. My horse, "Julius" is also slow and needs quickening when jumping and also in the dressage, and also is a spitting image of his grandsire.