End of an era... bittersweet. And a thank you x

LauraBR

Visit site
Well, Fal is now officially sold.

The guy who made an offer yesterday and was waiting to find out whether the guy who had min on trial wanted to have him called again this morning and upped his offer. My phone hasn't stopped ringing... people were even calling at 10pm yesterday?!

Anyway, the guy who has him on trial called as promised this morning and made me an offer £350 below the other guy. I took it.

Call me stupid and a sucker or whatever but I don't know this other guy from Adam and I know the people he is staying with have the skills to get him right and give him a future... worth a few hundred quid I think.

Such a relief to have found him the right home and TBH, haven't felt the least bit sad until on accepting the offer the guy asked me if I wanted to come to his yard to collect the money and see Fal or would he be better off coming to me. Well, my eyes welled up (bit like they are doing as I type this
frown.gif
) and in a wavery voice I told him probably best he came to me as I'd only get really upset. He said he thought that is what I might say, happy to come to me.

So promptly burst into tears after phone call, was a bit cheery after lunch but writing this has me in floods again.

It's not that I want to keep him or that I'm not thrilled that he has the right home... it's just that we have been through SO much together and well despite his tendancy to try and kill me when riding lol, you can't help falling in love with such a beautiful lad who was so lovely to deal with in every other way.

But, as one door closes another one opens... or so they say
wink.gif

Also- just want to say A MASSIVE THANK YOU to everyone who has offered so much advice and support over the last 9 months OMG you guys have been fantastic- Patches, Marius's_Mum, HenryHorn, Vicijp, Ebi, Weezy, S_V, TGM, and SO many others (grrr no good at thinking of names on the spot- you know who you are anyway!) THANK YOU xxxxxxxx

rema

Visit site
It must be very sad for you to see Fal moving on.I hope he has a wonderfull life with his new owner.And i wish you all the best with getting your new horse and enjoying being a rider again.
grin.gif

TGM

Visit site
I know it must be very sad for you but sounds like Fal is going to exactly the sort of home that will be able to cope with him and bring out his full potential. I think you were definitely right to accept a lower offer from someone who had tried him rather than a higher offer from someone who may not have been right for Fal.

I really do think you have coped with all your problems with Fal in a fantastic manner and have always tried to do your best by him. I hope you can now move on and have some fun with a horse that is right for you
smile.gif

Weezy

Visit site
You are such a darling girl - so few would have given Fal chance after chance like you did - I truely hope you find a wonderful new partner to continue your equine dreams with and that one day soon you will see Fal and be able to smile and say "hey, if it wasnt for me he may well have ended in a tin"

Big hug to you xxxxxxxx

ruscara

Visit site
This has me welling up, too! You have done absolutely EVERYTHING right as far as Fal is concerned - including admitting that he wasn't for you, which was one of the hardest things, I think. It's brilliant that this guy has bought him, knowing exactly what he is like, and that you feel happy that Fal has gone to the right home.
Now you can look forward to more fun, and less worry and stress. Can't wait to see more pics of your new mare!
smile.gif

LauraBR

Visit site
Thanks Weezy x

Hope I do see Fal fulfilling his potential... would mean the world to me, and at least I have found him a home where he has the best chance of doing that
grin.gif

LauraBR

Visit site
Especially big thanks and huge thank you hugs to you Caroline... and yes now in floods again lol! Can't think of a single 'Fal' post that you haven't made a supportive post in response to, thank you so much xxxxxx

_daisy_

Visit site
you dont have to thank us for all our support and advice thats what friends are for. Im sure youve made the right decision and that Fal has got the best place to be right at this moment in time. They understand his needs and are happy to accept that.
You can look forward to your mare arriving - btw when does she arrive and when do we get to see what she looks like (can you pm me a piccie?)
As youve said before one door closes whilst another one opens. It might be then end of one thing but it sounds like a beuatiful new start for you.

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I'm sure you must feel sad but he has actually taught you an enormous amount, both in how many things horses can get wrong with them (!) and a lot training him.
I admire you a lot for selling him to the right home, and now try and put him out of your head and think about the new one, what's the situation, yours yet or still thinking.
If it helps CCJ had a devil of a lesson with Monty tonight, one of those when a powerful horse naps, leaps high in the air, snatches the reins and generally says "Sod off!".. Just think your new neddie will be co-operative and you will have such fun, remember Twiggy? Tilly certainly doesn't regret swapping to Boysie..
Post some pics when you have decided won't you?

LauraBR

Visit site
Thanks HH, I do feel sad but as you say, looking forward to having fun! will pm you some pics of new horse as she isn't mine yet, vetting on Weds... if she passes there will be loads more in photo gallery....

And thanks HH x

siennamiller

Visit site
you have totally done the right thing and good for you for taking the lower offer for a better home! Respect to you for still thinking of the horses welfare despite everything he has put you thru. My best friend had a similiar thing toyou, she fell off and broke her coccycx (sp?), she now has a 15hh gelding who is a little star and she has so much fun with him.

I really REALLY hope that your new horse give you lots of confidence and that you enjoy her. good luck
smile.gif
smile.gif

**hugs**

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
I am so glad that you have found Fal a home that you are happy with, at the end of the day a few hundred quid is irrelevant if you are going to rest assured that Fal is in the right and happy home. As upsetting as it is for you, you have done the right thing as you well know. You can look forward now to forming a new relationship with your new horse and I hope that you have many happy years together.

Good Luck xx

icestationzebra

Visit site
It IS sad..... BUT you have found the right home for him and who knows he may go on to be a star. You meanwhile can go and have some fun - you won't look back honest.
I'll have my fingers crossed for that vetting of yours........

JM7

Visit site
onwards and upwards now, laura....

a very painful lesson learned....

look forward to your posts about the new horse!!

_jetset_

Visit site
I am so pleased you have found Fal a home you know will be right for him. I know you must be feeling so sad at this moment. The two of you have been through so much over the past few months, but you know he will be happy where he is and I think that is worth so much more than money!

I hope everything goes well with the vetting of your new horse, she really does look lovely, and you looked so relaxed on her in the pictures... that speaks volumes!

Try to remember Fal's good points, although I am sure you will always remember his bad ones, and hopefully you'll be posting on here about his next big competition and results!

Rebecca x

Ginn

Visit site
Oh hunny, I'm so happy and yet so sad for for you as I read this as I feel you have finally come to a decision and it must be heartbreaking and yet you are still giving him the best possible chance of a happy and sucessful future. You have been so amazingly strong over the last 9 months and he is a credit to your hard work and dedication, even now in selling him to the right home where his future is more important than money. I really hope now you are able to find the horse of your dreams. *Big Hugs* hunny.

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
For your own safety and sanity I am glad you have sold him and take my hat off to you for hanging on in there and finding him the "right" home. The mere fact the chap offered to bring the money to you to save upsetting you is a huge indication of the fact you have found the right people.

Good luck with the vetting and heres to loads of fun on the new neddy.

Patches

Visit site
Laura

I think you did the final "good thing" for Fal by accepting the lower offer from people you know will do right by him. As you say, you don't know the other guy from Adam and striking a deal of a horse unseen over the phone seems a bit dubious in many ways. I'm sure you're far more comfortable with this arrangement as you can move forwards with your conscience clear. Safe in the knowledge that his new owner knows exactly what he was getting for his money, whilst also assured that you are totally aware of the type of home Fal now has.

I really was praying for the dream ending for you and Fal. From sheer heartache (and aching bones too) to the posts where things were going so great you had to pinch yourself!

You went through a lot, learned a lot, loved a lot and have now let go.

I said to you the other day, I've never met you but I do feel proud of the way you handled Fal and his many issues. You perservered where many lesser mortals would've thrown in the towel.

Soooo, wipe away the tears, and look forward to a bright future with your new horse. Looking forward to hearing reports where you have rekindled your love affair of riding and remembered why we do it....for fun (as opposed to dreading riding for fear of what mood horsey was in)

Bless you, no one would've or could've done more for him. Good luck with everything in the future xxxx