End of an era...please raise a glass with me..

JackJill

Visit site
to toast my beautiful girl Headley Gypsy Rose as she leaves us tommorow. Its so tough to say goodbye to her, she has been part of my life for 19 years and I could never have believed the journey she would take us all on. She gave me so much, my first intermediate clear, first CCI2*, first horse I upgraded to advanced, first CIC2* selection I could go on and on. I knew so little and she was so generous and tried to train me in all her ways. Bless you Rosie for giving me so much, for being the angel you always were and for giving everyone who met you something to smile about. 31 years is a grand age but I wish you could stay forever and we will all miss you so much every single day.

I know I dont post much but I hope everyone who has a glass in their hand tonight will join with me in saying from the bottom of my heart thankyou for everything Rosie you were one in a million. x

CastleMouse

Visit site
I'm so sorry to hear this; what a horrible decision to make :(

It sounds like she was a truly wonderful horse, and my thoughts are with you x

Zebedee

Visit site
Lovely post. Sounds as if you are repaying her in full for everything she has done for you by making this brave decision.
I've raised a glass to salute Rosie. & wish her a peaceful passing.

IncaCola

Visit site
your post bought tears to my eyes as my first advanced (and once in a lifetime) event horse is retired in my field and one day I will have to make a similar difficult decision although hopefully not for some years. The wonderful memories of your competition journey will live on forever. My thoughts are with you and a heartfelt toast to Rosie who I am sure has enjoyed it all as much as you.

TheoryX1

Visit site
I very much doubt I will be as brave as you when its my turn to say goodbye to either of mine. Glass of wine raised, goodnight and farewell old frend.

JackJill

Visit site
Thanks everyone for your kind support. Rosie moved on peacefully with all her family around her. The sun was shining and our vet was, as usual, brilliant with us all. She leaves a big whole in our lives but I feel relief and some peace. Rip Rosie xx

chels

Visit site
A toast to Rosie. I have recently made the decision for one of mine, they can run free together. RIP Rosie, and big hugs to you xx