End of the line

Alibear

Visit site
Vet was all upbeat until the x-rays were done. They took an hour instead of 1/2 hour.

Reason? sudden very drastic (over 8 weeks) changes to the navicular bone lolipops and a very big spur etc and the next layer down is already degenerating.

So Mac gets his pipe and slippers but we have to hope the degeneration slows down or he might not be with us too much longer.

Bugger , I mean really what next.
frown.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
Oh sh*t. Really sorry- lost my bestest boy to navicular earlier this year so know what your going through.
Keep us updated, poor Mac
frown.gif

Tia

Visit site
I'm really sorry to hear this Ali. You are having a bit of a crud time right now - I do hope things brighten up for you soon.

juliehannah58

Visit site
Oh no Ali
frown.gif

So sorry to hear this, things are not going well for you. July was like that for me but August has been much better, so I hope that September brings you some good news & happiness.

Hugs
x

Jo C

Visit site
Oh Alibear I'm so so sorry, nothing I can say really except I'm thinking of you! I really hope life starts to pick up and starts being kinder to you, you've had such a bad time lately!

sally2008

Visit site
Oh Ali I am so sorry. You really are having the most awful time of it and I truely don't know what to say that could even begin to comfort you, except that we're all thinking of you and hoping that life starts to take an upwards turn. Have a hug hun.

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
Jeez Ali - I'm so sorry - You have done everything you possibly can to help Mac - He is one lucky fella having a mum like you - I'm truly sorry that it has come to this for you - I wish Mac a happy retirement
*hugs*
Kate xxxx

spaniel

Visit site
Ali Im so sorry. Hugs for you and for Mac.
Life has got to take a turn for the better for you soon, this all seems so unfair.

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
Oh Ali, I nearly missed this news as I don't often come in here.

There's really nothing I can say that will make things better except that at least you know that you have given him every chance possible and at least now you know for definate that it's 'pipe and slippers' time, so no more expensive treatments etc. that have no chance of working.

Lets hope that things don't degenerate too quickly and that he can have a decent retirement with you.

Sending loads of hugs!

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Never give up hope as miracles do happen. My pony x-rayed a real doom and gloom story but at the vet hospital where they sent us as a bad case with limited options, they discovered practically nothing. Worth the money simply to find that out! I too have had a really c**p two months on the horse front and things are JUST starting to look up. It's the price we pay for our passion. Here's to a happy September - my thoughts are with you.

monstermunch

Visit site
frown.gif
I'm so sorry, two of my friends horses have just been disagnosed with the same problem. Fingers crossed he can retire happily and you can slow the progression!

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Oh Ali, I'm so sorry that things aren't so well with Mac. Seems you both need a big dose of good luck right now.

I hope that he gets his happy retirement, and that things look up for you too soon

Bethxxx