Energy providing feeds for a lami prone shiverer

CBFan

Visit site
Any ideas? I'm really pulling my hair out!!

My boy is rather large and rather lazy and I'm struggling to find anything that gives him a bit more oomph that is safe for his feet and doesn't agrevate his shivers.

He can't have Alfa-a as it turns his skin scurfy.
Oats do provide him with a bit of oomph and seem not to affect his feet but I'm sure they make his shivers worse (He had a week without them and exercise and he was much less shivery)

He's currently on Soya bean meal, Micronised linseed, Fast fibre and his minerals. I add some oats for exercise but am trying to find an alternative.

I looked at Alan and Page power and performance but it says it may not be suitable for laminitics... any idea why?

pickwickayr

Visit site
I have had great results on my very lazy new forest from equimins. I use their product called jump off but if U email them there may b another that would suit your horse better. My pony has a lot more energy, sparkle and generally more willing attitude but no weight gain as its obviously a high spec vit & min supplement and not adding a lot of calories as U would with high energy hatlrd feeds. Good luck :)